Super Star Virgo

little poppett

Does anyone know if the Virgo has gluten free menus?

Well if you are looking for halal then this is the right ship for you but there is only one restaurant onboard (the taj) that serves halal and it is extra-cost as well.

Or maybe you can make a special request at some of the restaurants.

My wife and I just returned from a SSV cruise (12 June)

You have been on the Virgo before with no problem. So if you are sailing again, surely you will not have any difficulty with the food onboard?

Anyway, just to let you know, SuperStar Virgo does have a halal restaurant, only that it is extra cost. Check with SC to clear any doubt.

Hope this helps.:)

-Cruiseaddict6583

We are ok with the food but this time we are taking our daughter and she has Coeliac disease. I'm sure she will be able to find suitable food onboard however I was just wondering if anyone knew if the Virgo has any specific menus or prepares all their food Gluten free.

As you know the staff are fantastic onboard and I'm sure they will assist if asked. She doesn't like making a fuss so it is easier if the food is marked as gluten free or alternatively she knows that wheat products haven't been used in the preparation.

"Coeliac disease is a genetically based permanent intolerance to dietary gluten. Gluten is a protein found in Wheat, barley, oats, rye. Untreated, it can result in malabsorption and a predisposition to gastrointestional malignancy, particularly carcinoma of the oropharynx and oesophagus, and small bowel lymphoma. The disease may present in either children or adults."

We are ok with the food but this time we are taking our daughter and she has Coeliac disease. I'm sure she will be able to find suitable food onboard however I was just wondering if anyone knew if the Virgo has any specific menus or prepares all their food Gluten free.

As you know the staff are fantastic onboard and I'm sure they will assist if asked. She doesn't like making a fuss so it is easier if the food is marked as gluten free or alternatively she knows that wheat products haven't been used in the preparation.

"Coeliac disease is a genetically based permanent intolerance to dietary gluten. Gluten is a protein found in Wheat, barley, oats, rye. Untreated, it can result in malabsorption and a predisposition to gastrointestional malignancy, particularly carcinoma of the oropharynx and oesophagus, and small bowel lymphoma. The disease may present in either children or adults."

I understand. I'm really sure that Star Cruises will help. If you are still worried, book with Star Cruises directly and not any other travel agencies (as is the case in Singapore, where travel agents from other travel agencies can only help you with the booking and probably know nothing else) so that you can request for a gluten-free menu upfront and ensure that the special request is noted immediately.

If any problems with the food onboard (not very likely) or that you realise that there was gluten in your daughter's meal, you can lodge a complaint with the hotel manager or cruise director. Also, after the cruise, immediately send a follow-up letter to the line informing them of what happened, and that you were assured that your daughter would have gluten free meals.

Also, you can tell the person you are booking with during booking to make sure that the request is made. If you are brave you can go to the reception desk to choose a seat in the dining rooms (mediterranean buffet not incl.) where the senior waiter is serving and also request that the message (of your special menu) is passed on to him. :)

You must not just rely on the agent at SC becuse it is likely that there might be no communication with the ground team and the onboard crew, leading to bad consequences. MAKE SURE THAT YOU tell the reception desk to confirm this.

Hope this helps.

Hope you will have an enjoyable cruise. Your daughter will enjoy the new mega waterslide! :D

could you please give some more details, shore excursions etc thanks

Hello!

The Bangkok cruise is not confirmed, only speculations. But still, it is likely.

See http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=21182843&postcount=1660 or page 83 - posts by me for the actual post. actual itinerary may (likely will) differ.

Come ask again at a later date when SC releases new itineraries, someone will surely post this in CC here, then there will be confirmation. Anyway, here's more : The Bangkok cruise also includes Koh Samui or Kuala Terengganu/Rendang Isl.

Usually 5 nights, Singapore-At sea-Bangkok-Koh Samui or Kuala Terengganu/Pulau Rendang-At sea-Singapore

Hope this helps.:)

P.S: 4us2, if you are looking here, my reply to your post is above this one. Just in case you didnt notice (likely that you did)

-cruiseaddict6583

SuperStar Virgo April - October 2010

Odd Week(Week ONE) start April 4

Sunday Sailing

Singapore-Penang-Phuket-Singapore (4d 3n)

Wednesday Sailing

Singapore-Port Klang-Singapore (3d 2n)

Friday Sailing

Singapore-Redang-Singapore (3d 2n)

Even Week(Week TWO) start April 11

Sunday Sailing

Singapore-Phuket-Langkawi-Singapore (4d 3n)

Wednesday Sailing

Friday Sailing

MAY/JUNE 2010

June 6(W10)/20(W12):

Singapore - Ho Chi Minh City - Redang - Singapore (6d 5n)

May 30(W9)/June 13(W11):

Singapore - Bangkok (Laem Chabang) - Koh Samui - Singapore (6d 5n)

June 14/18:

Singapore - Redang - Singapore (3d 2n)

June 11/25:

Singapore - Port Klang - Singapore (3d 2n)

June 27(W13): Odd week itinerary resumes.

Cruises in duration of up to 7d 6n are now available for booking via Star Cruises website.

SuperStar Virgo April - October 2010

Odd Week(Week ONE) start April 4

Sunday Sailing

Singapore-Penang-Phuket-Singapore (4d 3n)

Wednesday Sailing

Friday Sailing

Even Week(Week TWO) start April 11

Sunday Sailing

Singapore-Phuket-Langkawi-Singapore (4d 3n)

Wednesday Sailing

Friday Sailing

MAY/JUNE 2010

June 6(W10)/20(W12):

Singapore - Ho Chi Minh City - Redang - Singapore (6d 5n)

May 30(W9)/June 13(W11):

Singapore - Bangkok (Laem Chabang) - Koh Samui - Singapore (6d 5n)

June 14/18:

Singapore - Redang - Singapore (3d 2n)

June 11/25:

Singapore - Port Klang - Singapore (3d 2n)

June 27(W13): Odd week itinerary resumes.

Cruises in duration of up to 7d 6n are now available for booking via Star Cruises website.

Is it just me or is it not shown on the star cruises site? Where's your source? Include link here if possible. Thanks. Anyway, glad to see the good old (not to mention longer) itineraries again.

P.s: any news about virgo's relocation plan? I reckon it might be austraila

As mentioned the itineraries have been uploaded onto Star Cruises website and cruises are AVAILABLE for booking. The itineraries were confirmed even before you started speculating(post #1660).

IIRC, HCMC with Redang is a NEW itinerary. I'm looking forward to sailing next June!

Relocation? Australia?

Another member here mentioned India. I wonder where are the sources for all these rumours.

As mentioned the itineraries have been uploaded onto Star Cruises website and cruises are AVAILABLE for booking. The itineraries were confirmed even before you started speculating(post #1660).

IIRC, HCMC with Redang is a NEW itinerary. I'm looking forward to sailing next June!

Relocation? Australia?

Another member here mentioned India. I wonder where are the sources for all these rumours.

Wow! I did'nt know that it was on the SC site. I thought it would not be confirmed so soon. Very glad to see that the Virgo will not be sticking to the old itineraries. Not so sure about the Libra though...

You are booking IIRC, HCMC with Redang in June, that's a wonderful itinerary. Lots of time on the ship (I'm sailing the 3N Penang/Phuket cruise in Dec) and so much too do. Do remember that if you want to DIY (shore visit) in any of the ports you can go to www.VirtualTourist.com for things to see and do. That's how I have arranged my Penang itinerary. Not getting of the ship in Phuket though.

Hope you enjoy your cruise. Can't wait for the prices to be released!

I am a 1st timer cruiser and would love some hints tips etc about life on board. Also is anyone elso going on these dates, I am travelling on my own. The cruise I am doing is singapore, penang, pukhet, singapore, malacca, klang, singapore so any information would be grateful. thanks

I am a 1st timer cruiser and would love some hints tips etc about life on board. Also is anyone elso going on these dates, I am travelling on my own. The cruise I am doing is singapore, penang, pukhet, singapore, malacca, klang, singapore so any information would be grateful. thanks

Welcome to cruising, Cruise Critic and this thread :)

Suggest you have a read through this thread (contains lots of good information) and then maybe ask some more specific questions.

how does the onboard card system work?

does it matter that you dont have a credit card?

Has anyone any photos of the superstar virgo?

these questions will do for a start thanks for any replys.

Here are the links to my web albums from Superstar Virgo cruises

http://picasaweb.google.com/boeckli/SuperStarVirgoOctober2008#

http://picasaweb.google.com/boeckli/SuperStarVirgoJune2006#

http://picasaweb.google.com/boeckli/SuperStarVirgoApril2003#

http://picasaweb.google.com/boeckli/SuperStarVirgoMarch2003#

Will try to give more info on your questions tomorrow :)

Apologies if this has been addressed already.

I have an e-cruise voucher (confirmation slip). Can I exchange this for a cruise card a couple of days ahead in Singapore's cruise ship office to avoid long lines at check in?

Thanks,

Paul

Apologies if this has been addressed already.

I have an e-cruise voucher (confirmation slip). Can I exchange this for a cruise card a couple of days ahead in Singapore's cruise ship office to avoid long lines at check in?

Thanks,

Paul

We did that a few years back - not sure if they still have the facility to check in at the city office.

Maybe SSV can answer this for us? :) (or you may have to send an email to Starcruises, Paul)

We did that a few years back - not sure if they still have the facility to check in at the city office.

Maybe SSV can answer this for us? :) (or you may have to send an email to Starcruises, Paul)

Thanks - I will send them an e mail.

Hi All,

We were on Virgo in March and checked in at the City Office. By memory I think it was Friday afternoon and Saturday for the Sunday sailing. It certainly made it much easier on Sunday. Hope this helps:)

Thanks - that would be a great help if they are still doing that.

I have to e mail them.

Archived