Ship time vs local time on the Star?

arielsong88

I'm trying to plan excursions for my Mexican Riviera cruise and I'm wondering if the ship changes time zones as it travels from Los Angeles (pacific standard time) to Cabo, Mazatlan, and PV. The last thing I want to do is screw up the timing and miss my excursion or the ship! This is for the March 2nd sailing, so daylight savings time shouldn't be a factor.

I posted on the Mexican Riviera ports of call board, but I was encouraged to post here as well since each cruise line may have its own policy. Thanks in advance!

While NCL almost always changes to local time, it is not universal. I have been on NCL cruises (as well as cruises on other lines) where local time was not always used.

You will be notified of when to make time changes. It is incorrect to say that NCL always follows local port time.

As usual, Horseman has given you good advice.

I will add that the local tour people at the ports know the ships schedules, so it helps to ask them if they operate to coincide with the ships arrivals.

The departure times are always posted as the ships time, so turn on the info channel on your room TV and set your watch to that time so there will be no doubt when you need to be back ----- AND ALWAYS plan to be back to the ship an hour ahead of the time you must be on board. That gives you some comfort and some time to adjust for delays and emergencies.