ClothesSteamer- Can I Carry Onto Eclipse?

not2old

Have heard Celebrity won't allow anyone to bring a hand held clothes steamer... We will be on Eclipse soon and would like to bring one. Any thoughts on this and should it be in my checked luggage or my walk on backpack?

Thanks for any help!

Have heard Celebrity won't allow anyone to bring a hand held clothes steamer... We will be on Eclipse soon and would like to bring one. Any thoughts on this and should it be in my checked luggage or my walk on backpack?

Thanks for any help!

Not allowed. Will be confiscated and returned at departure.

If its in checked bags and they find it, your bags will be delayed to your cabin as they deliver all the other bags then give you notice to come to the luggage room and handle the contraband.

If in carryon, they will take when they x-ray screen if they find it in X-ray.

Rememebr no one has a steamer, so minor wrinkles will be looked past as everyone has them.

old tricks, steam in bathroom with hot shower filling room, take some wrinkle relaxer spray, and always send it out for pressing on board.

As you pass through security you will see the table set up where all the confiscated goods from liquor to beer to irons, electric kettles and steamers are tagged once taken from passengers carry on luggage. Once on board there is a similar collection of items removed from checked luggage. You take a chance either way that your items will join them.

Thanks for any help!

I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but what part of "not permitted" is not clear?

Thanks for any help!

If you know they aren't allowed why would you think about bringing one? :confused: (they aren't allowed because they are a fire risk)

Thanks for any help!

they have been added to the banned list. you absolutely will NOT get it past screening in your carry on. it will almost certainly be caught in your checked which means you will not get your luggage and will have to go down to the naughty room to claim it( minus the steamer).

downey wrinkle release, packing properly and hanging in the bathroom while the shower runs are all easy ways to acid and minimize wrinkles.

or do what I do and just pack stuff that doesn't wrinkle. yes even my formal gown is a knit that is very travel friendly.

Thanks for any help!

You will get busted. On my first cruise I brought my flat iron for my hair and that IS allowed and delayed my luggage. I didn't have to go retrieve it but it didn't arrive until well after 8 pm.

Don't do it. You won't be allowed to use it. There are many ways to remove simple wrinkles once on board and it isn't necessary.

The best tip I ever got was on cruise critic! Don't bother with anything fancy. When you unpack take everything that is wrinkled and hang it all around your cabin. Use a spray bottle of WATER and spritz everything. Let dry and hang in closet! Simple!

I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but what part of "not permitted" is not clear?

Thank you and others for the comments that were sarcastic and to the few of you who were helpful... This is our first Celebrity cruise and we were hoping that those of you with the sarcastic replies represent a minority of the Celebrity cruisers and not the majority!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you and others for the comments that were sarcastic and to the few of you who were helpful... This is our first Celebrity cruise and we were hoping that those of you with the sarcastic replies represent a minority of the Celebrity cruisers and not the majority!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm sorry you are offended. But you have stated that you were told steamers were not allowed. Then you came on the boards and asked how to bring on a steamer. I'm not exactly sure what kind of response you expected?

Maybe you can rephrase your original question to help us understand what you are asking, if the above is inaccurate?

In general we are a very helpful bunch, but if a relatively new poster asks how to break the rules, I think it's reasonable to expect fitting replies.

Thanks for any help!

Celebrity has the same rules that RCI has which you should be familiar with since you're D+ on RCI.

I'm sorry you are offended. But you have stated that you were told steamers were not allowed. Then you came on the boards and asked how to bring on a steamer. I'm not exactly sure what kind of response you expected?

Maybe you can rephrase your original question to help us understand what you are asking, if the above is inaccurate?

In general we are a very helpful bunch, but if a relatively new poster asks how to break the rules, I think it's reasonable to expect fitting replies.

THIS ^^^

Thanks for nicely posting what I was thinking :) I always DO try to be helpful, but sometimes I just shake my head.

We just got off the reflection last Saturday and I brought one in my luggage I gave to the porter! I used it several times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you know they were banned? They do it for a reason not for fun, fire is very very dangerous on a ship :(

To the OP I didn't see anyone sarcastic just people responding to your original post that to me read like "first time with Celebrity I know they are banned but I'm bringing one anyway!"

I think the point you are both missing is that people don't take kindly to others that are willing to put everyone's lives at risk for the sake of crumpled clothes, blunt but true ;)

I have a steamer which I bought from America... It only works when yr holding it, and steam only lasts for less than a min before needing refilling, but plenty enough time to run over something. The appliance doesn't get hot . only the steam is hot. No fire hazard.... But its not allowed.

I have hair straighteners which are extremely hot and can be left anywhere. would definitely cause a fire if left on by accident, yet they can be brought aboard.....

On our last T/A with Royal Caribbean kettles were put in each cabin, the same as P&O which is the same thing, water boiled....

Edited by billyelliot

I wasn't doing either. Answering a question. I bring a curling iron that's hotter than my water steamer. And this was our first celebrity cruise. We normally cruise princess. Steamers are allowed so I actually didn't know they weren't allowed on celebrity.

I wasn't doing either. Answering a question. I bring a curling iron that's hotter than my water steamer. And this was our first celebrity cruise. We normally cruise princess. Steamers are allowed so I actually didn't know they weren't allowed on celebrity.

The biggest danger aboard any ship is from fire, not sinking. I for one am glad that Celebrity is diligent about prohibiting items that could cause fire.

I was hoping that people like you are in the vast minority on what ever ship I was on, you clearly have no regard for ship safety, and all for a few wrinkles.

....... We normally cruise princess. Steamers are allowed so I actually didn't know they weren't allowed on celebrity.

This is taken from my Crown Princess contract from last September (2013)

Ironing and using personal clothes steamers are not permitted in any stateroom.

Steamers are not allowed on the Crown Princess and I can't believe it would be any different on their other ships.

Edited by dwhe

Looking at prohibited items listed in Cruise Doc for Eclipse, I don't see steamers in the list. Coffee maker, clothes irons and hot plates are prohibited. I have taken a hand steamer on several past cruises without any concerns.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for any help!

Just received my E-docs today. Clothes steamers are not mentioned on the list of banned items. Enjoy your wrinkle free cruise.