Restaurants by water Taxi, FLL

ho

Does anyone have any suggestion for a nice modest restaurant/bar on the water that is accessible by the Water Taxi? We will be at Pier 66 for a pre cruise stay and wanted to find a nice place to relax and have a couple of drinks. I hear we need to go to the top of the Hyatt at Pier 66 for a night cap which we intend on doing but we wanted to eat somewhere else.

Thanks

I cannot recommend 15th Street Fisheries. I tried it during a visit to Fort Lauderdale in 2004 and was disappointed. Bimini Boatyard, not directly on the Water Taxi route, but near the Marina Marriott and Renaissance Hotels is a better choice in my opinion.

The Water Taxi has a website(don't recall the address) and provides a nice map of their route with listings of restaurants that may help you. They go to several areas where nice restaurants are available.

Yes ho, you want to go to the rotating lounge at the top of the Hyatt but not for a night cap; go for a pre-dinner or sunset drink. The views are remarkable with the sun going down! Then walk to the wharf for the water taxi or walk across the bridge. We loved the 15th Street Fisheries, but like all restaurants chefs change as do individual tastes. Coming from a great seafood area, we enjoyed different fish dishes prepared as we would not have them in New England. However, prices are not what I would call modest/reasonable. Average to higher would be more accurate. Enjoy yor pre-cruise stay.

Bon Voyage

We loved the 15th Street Fisheries, but like all restaurants chefs change as do individual tastes. Coming from a great seafood area, we enjoyed different fish dishes prepared as we would not have them in New England. However, prices are not what I would call modest/reasonable. Average to higher would be more accurate. Enjoy yor pre-cruise stay.

Bon Voyage

There are 2 parts to 15th Street Fisheries... A casual, less expensive downstairs dining room, and then the nicer, more expensive upstairs dining room. Each has it's own menu.

I don't know the number of the stop, but I think you mean Las Olas. It is a great stop on the water taxi. There are many restaurant choices there that are reasonably priced. Dan Marino has a nice restaurant with al fresco dining. Across from that is the Ugly Tuna Saloona. That is a fun place too.

We cruised from there this year on 1/5 and people still had their Christmas decorations up along the water taxi route. It was pretty amazing.

ho,

Yes, Stop 12 would be a good one as well as Stop 20. It is easy, interesting, and fun to walk along the Riverwalk between these two areas and one can find many interesting places in which to dine.

Another word about my comment about 15th Street Fisheries: I found the prices to be much too high for the quality of the cuisine offered(I dined in the upper level). I do not mind a restaurant being dimly lighted, but the evening when I was there, it was dark! I had trouble reading the menu, it was so dark. Finally, the Water Taxi left me stranded on the dock when I was ready to return to Pier 66. While they were supposed to make a stop, they did not and since it was totally dark, they did not see me trying to flag them down. I ended up having to take a taxi back to Pier 66.

Start at stop #18, Las Olas Riverfront, thats where it all begins. Check out the shops and restaurants. You'll probably want to hang right there, its a great spot. If you still want to see more walk one block north to Las Olas Boulevard. Once again, check out all of the shops and restaurants. So many choices, so little time. ;)

Thanks again everyone,

Stop 18 sounds like the right palce for us. A little history, a few drinks and some nice quiet places to eat while enjoying a bottle of wine. Hard to do better then that for a pre cruise stay.

Thank You!!

Archived