Tervis/tumblers

allilivesay

We have both the Red Frog and Blue Iguana Tervis cups and if the staff see you have them, they make your cocktail of choice then pour it into your cup. They hold roughly the same as the cocktail glasses. They have even poured my bottle of beer straight into my Tervis for me. There is no difference in cost to have your cocktail made and poured into your Tervis. They didn't make it in the Tervis as the cocktail shaker doesn't fit over it and I suppose it's for hygiene reasons too.

If you are going to use your own tumblers for ice teas/water lemonade etc. Do not try to fill it directly from the dispenser, use a cup then fill your tumbler. This is a practice that prevents germs from being spread!

Good reminder to everyone. In restaurants/fast food places I have a habit of letting the back of my finger push a dispenser rather than letting a cup touch it. You never know what kind of germs you can pick up from one of those dispensers if someone re-used a cup and touched the dispenser arm.

If you are going to use your own tumblers for ice teas/water lemonade etc. Do not try to fill it directly from the dispenser, use a cup then fill your tumbler. This is a practice that prevents germs from being spread!

Thanks so much for posting this. Just off Sensation and I had to lay into a woman refilling a water bottle DIRECTLY FROM THE ICED TEA spigot!

When I received one as a Platinum member gift I thought, "another piece of junk" and just put it away someplace. I know I still have it and will find it one day. I then learned how really good they are and when I got a 2nd one on my next cruise I started using it. It's perfect for using the during the cruise. I need to re-hydrate a lot, so it definitely comes in handy. Just glad I didn't toss it or give it away. Especially since others pay for it. Who knew?!!!

Edited by cruise pup

I'm guessing the foam cups aren't allowed because they could get blown around. If you look around, you'll notice that there aren't any foam cups, paper cups or paper plates used on the ship. The ship's staff has enough to do without chasing trash all over the ship.

I noticed this on carnival ships but disney has paper cups at their soda fountains...…and I never saw 1 floating around the deck or anywhere else. Does make sense though.

I prefer the Bubba Envy (34oz with handle) and always take one on cruises. These mugs don't sweat and look great. I also have a Tervis tumbler, but it isn't big enough and I miss the handle.

http://www.shopbubba.com/p-374-bubba-32-oz-envy-mug-pink.aspx

FYI you can get handles for your Tervis Tumblers at Bed, Bath and Beyond. I got the cup, lid, straw and handle in the 22 oz size for all my family for Christmas

I've seen signs advising not to fill water bottles, not sure I've seen it on Carnival but yes GREAT reminder!

Will they give you a glass of ice and can of soda with the drink package so you can just pour into your own mug?

here is a picture I found on the net…..tervis.jpg

That's my picture from the Breeze! :D

I'm using my Red Frog Tervis for water right now!

BTW, if you look at your local Goodwill or similar store you can find Tervis tumblers very cheap. Lots of folks get them as promotions from various companies or organizations and don't use them so they donate them.