resorts on 7 mile beach

Lily429

we will be in Grand Cayman (crossing fingers) the end of March. last time we went to Calico Jacks, liked it but the beach was very narrow and the rentals were not budget friendly. This tie we thought we would look into a resort day pass, so far the only resort I can see that offers one is the Palms. Unfortunately we have a 10 year old, not allowed in the pool due to 'legal' issues…..what is that about?

Unfortunately we have a 10 year old, not allowed in the pool due to 'legal' issues…..what is that about?

What I was told by a server (so take that for what it's worth) is that their insurance won't cover minors in the pool unless there's a lifeguard, and if they have to hire a lifeguard then they'd have to charge more to get in and for pool use.

We were in Grand cayman in November and the only place I came up with for a day visit on Seven Mile Beach was the Royal Palms. The beach is so nice that really only a few people were using the pool. I would assume your son would be happier in the ocean with everyone else. There are showers and bathrooms, and chairs for rent. There was free wifi, but so many people on it that I couldn't get a signal until later on when many had left. There is food and drink for purchase, but all we did was buy a couple of beers.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal