Switching companions-ES

nursepixie

I know this topic is here somewhere, but I'm not able to search. My husband has now decided that he just can't face his fear of flying, so I really need to switch my companion. Can anyone with experience doing this tell me what the penalty is? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I know this topic is here somewhere, but I'm not able to search. My husband has now decided that he just can't face his fear of flying, so I really need to switch my companion. Can anyone with experience doing this tell me what the penalty is? Thanks!

He will lose all but $50 of his deposit. The remainder of his deposit will be held as "carnival credit". The new person "should" pay whatever rate you have already secured in that cabin. (this is all based on changing before final payment date)

Depends on how you booked it. Under ES there is a $50 fee for name change..that's it.

On one of my bookings a while back, I switched my husband for my brother and they didn't even charge me the $50 and I had ES. It was 4 weeks before the sailing date.

Did you do it online, or call?

You have to call. Do you remember what promo you booked it under? If not look all the way at the bottom of your confirmation email.

It's early saver....$500 deposit. I booked in July for July.

One of the explicit rules of early saver is no name changes allowed, so if it was changed you either got a waiver or you were not booked ES. That is the only thing that has kept me from booking ES.

Edited by n6uqqq

I am not sure if there is a penalty but first you have to get a good divorce lawyer, then you need to split the assets and decide who gets custody of the children and pets and then.....

oh... you mean switching your companion on the cruise.... well then... NEVERMIND :D

i am not sure if there is a penalty but first you have to get a good divorce lawyer, then you need to split the assets and decide who gets custody of the children and pets and then.....

Oh... You mean switching your companion on the cruise.... Well then... Nevermind :d

lmao!

I went online to "my guests" and just to try changed my guest....it worked, and now my friend's name shows up where my husbands was. Should I be worried about that?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You'd better call Carnival and make sure that it is OK. You sure wouldn't want to get to port and find out it wasn't allowed.

I went online to "my guests" and just to try changed my guest....it worked, and now my friend's name shows up where my husbands was. Should I be worried about that?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I would definitely call, as the policy for early saver is no name changes. As "dramaqueenjan" had done, it's more of a "cancel one person and add another".

Are you sure you're Early Saver?

If it was anything other than a cruise, I'd say "just go with it" and see what happens, but I definitely wouldn't take that chance arriving at port.

Edited by Bibble

--I went online to "my guests" and just to try changed my guest....it worked, and now my friend's name shows up where my husbands was. Should I be worried about that?--

IMO that seesms like a change and with every other online res system I have ever encountered I would be satisfied with that. Now I know there are Board members here who say you should be diligent in double checking etc etc. but that seems done to me.

--I went online to "my guests" and just to try changed my guest....it worked, and now my friend's name shows up where my husbands was. Should I be worried about that?--

IMO that seesms like a change and with every other online res system I have ever encountered I would be satisfied with that. Now I know there are Board members here who say you should be diligent in double checking etc etc. but that seems done to me.

if you would be satisfied with that, then leave it alone. The people here have taken many many many cruises and their advice comes from experience with carnival. If they say that you should verify it... I would take that seriously. (I agree you should call carnival)

You can choose to do what you want to do . Caveat Emptor

I understand what you're saying, but I haven't once seen where someone has tried to change it online.....I'd love to hear from someone who unsuccessfully tried, just to know that I shouldn't even try. To me, it looks legit. I haven't once talked to carnival reps, I've done it all online. Thanks. I might take my chances.

$50 for a change.

$50 for a change.

That would be, if he weren't Early Saver.

I understand what you're saying, but I haven't once seen where someone has tried to change it online.....I'd love to hear from someone who unsuccessfully tried, just to know that I shouldn't even try. To me, it looks legit. I haven't once talked to carnival reps, I've done it all online. Thanks. I might take my chances.

I do hope for you that it works out.

Please let us know if it does. I'd love to use that feature in the future if it does work, but definitely wouldn't be the guinea pig.

• 4 months later...