11 a.m. flight from Miami

BarJen

I am looking at some possible flights out of Miami and there is one that leaves @ 11 a.m.

We will be coming from the Port of Miami, and we are platinum with Carnival so we would have priority debarkation.

Am I crazy even thinking that we can make the flight, have any of you been successful with early flights?

Barry

POM to MIA for an 11:00 flight is possible. If you will worry about all things that could delay you, then book a later flight. No one will tell you it's a sure thing.;)

We prefer using noon as our earliest flight time at MIA. But could have made earlier flights.

Edited by eandj

For an 11:00 AM flight you nead to be at MIA by 9:30 (and earlier is better - TSA is horrible at MIA :mad:), which means clear of customs/immigration with your bags and loading into a cab NLT than about 9:10 -- if you carry your bags off you should be okay.

I would book a later flight - I prefer not to spend my cruise worried about making an early flight home. ;)

Thanks all, with 3 other ships returning to Port of Miami that same Friday morning, I may just pay a little more for a later flight :)

Barry

A wise choice if you are averse to spending time at airports on standby and paying change fees.

A wise choice if you are averse to spending time at airports on standby and paying change fees.

Found a flight that leaves MIA @ 3:30pm, we will have to hang out in the airport a few hours before the flight, but at least we be worry free :)

Barry

Found a flight that leaves MIA @ 3:30pm, we will have to hang out in the airport a few hours before the flight, but at least we be worry free :)

Barry

Why not get off the ship early and head to South Beach for some alfresco dining and people watching? Lots of cruise people show up at restaurants with luggage. It's very common.

You can stay on your ship until "forced" off. Probably around 10:00, getting to MIA around 10:45. MIA has lots of restaurnats and stores to browse. You'd want to be there by 2:00 anyways.

Why not get off the ship early and head to South Beach for some alfresco dining and people watching? Lots of cruise people show up at restaurants with luggage. It's very common.

Thanks for the tips, we will just have to see which way the wind blows us that day :)

Barry

Or spend $20 for Luggage express and let someone else transport your bags to MIA and check them in while you enjoy lunch/drinks in SB! :cool:

We just got home last nite from Miami. We just got off Carnival Breeze We did Luggage Express from Carnival. We caught a taxi out front. We were at Miami Airport by 8:45am. We had a 11;40am flight. We just sat til 11;40. TSA was quick and no problems. I think it went smoother than Ft Lauderedale.