Taxi Barcelona Transfer Company

Lydia B.

Good morning,

I did try to do a search on this company, but swear I can't see a seach link anylonger within the froum.

I have inquired and are considering using Taxi Barcelona Transfer company to prebook a taxi to our hotel and then at the end of the cruise from the port to the airport.

We are staying 2 minutes from the Christopher Columbus statue at a B&B.

They are quoting what I think is a decent rate. 30E from the port to BCN airport and 40E from the airport to our hotel.

Have any of you used these folks and if so what did you think? Also do you feel the price is fair? We can prepay via PalPal which simplifies. Thanks for your assistance, Lydia of Ohio.

I have not used this company--but, will give you an idea of what I paid with a regular taxi I picked up at the airport queue.

We took a taxi from the airport to our Bed & Breakfast [Marina View] about a block from the Columbus statue at the foot of Las Ramblas. It took about 25 mins.

The taxi fare was 28 € + tip. Make sure you have a written copy of your hotel/destination address to give the taxi driver; ours spoke little English and he had never heard of the B & B. Even after the driver read the address, my DH was the one to notice the building number and find our B & B.

I will say a few things about taxi fares here. Taxi fares are set by the city. There is a surcharge for entering/leaving the airport and the cruise port. [4.20€] So, a trip to/from the airport and the ship will be whatever is on the meter plus 8.40 €. [i would guess around 32-35 €] There is also a surcharge for pick-ups before 8 am and after 8pm.

You can compare this to a prearranged transfer.

Our cruise was a TA so we did not return. However, our taxi from the B and B to the pier. [our bags were just too heavy to walk the 1.5 blocks to the port bus] was 10 euros. [and the port bus would have been over 5 euros]

If you add the 2 trips we made together it would be approx. 38 to 40 euros to the airport.

We were not traveling during the morning or evening rush hour. But, I doubt you will be either.

Maybe someone else will give you an answer from Placa Catalunya to BCN. Add a couple of euros to that and the port supplement and you will have the answer.

Good morning,

I did try to do a search on this company, but swear I can't see a seach link anylonger within the froum.

I have inquired and are considering using Taxi Barcelona Transfer company to prebook a taxi to our hotel and then at the end of the cruise from the port to the airport.

We are staying 2 minutes from the Christopher Columbus statue at a B&B.

They are quoting what I think is a decent rate. 30E from the port to BCN airport and 40E from the airport to our hotel.

Have any of you used these folks and if so what did you think? Also do you feel the price is fair? We can prepay via PalPal which simplifies. Thanks for your assistance, Lydia of Ohio.

I do not know this company either but the prices look good - cheaper than companies I have used and not much more than a taxi.

A couple of words of warning

1. Make sure it is a 'private' transfer and not a shuttle where you would share with other people - with these you could end up waiting around for other passengers.

2. With a company I did not know I would hesitate to prepay via PayPal. If they do not turn up you will have no recourse and you will have lost your money. If you must pay in advance then pay by credit card - at least then you have a chance of getting your money back should the worst happen.

Personally I would not pay in advance - I would pay the driver when he has dropped me at my destination

Edited by RollieUK

It is 30 Euros from the airport to the centre of Barcelona. There are plenty of taxis at the taxi rank in the airport. I wouldn't bother to prebook. Like London, Barcelona is a very easy city to hail a cab as there are plenty around.

Just check with the driver before you get in and ask for a receipt when you get out. It is 10.20 euros return on the Aerobus from the airport to Plaza Catalunya.