2015 Hawaii/Tahiti from LA

GoVolsTB

I think this all depends on your tolerance for sea days. We took this cruise last fall on the Saffire and loved. We just loving being on the ship and enjoy lectures and movies and shows. I know people like us who can't get too many sea days and people who would want to jump off the ship after two. If you take this cruise, just be prepared to entertain yourselves for a while and enjoy being outside.

I think this all depends on your tolerance for sea days. We took this cruise last fall on the Saffire and loved. We just loving being on the ship and enjoy lectures and movies and shows. I know people like us who can't get too many sea days and people who would want to jump off the ship after two. If you take this cruise, just be prepared to entertain yourselves for a while and enjoy being outside.

Agreed about the sea day tolerance.

On the HAL fall '12 cruise on the Westerdam the weather was gorgy and the sea days were AWESOME! We were LOVING the lack of needing to hustle/bustle. We'd hit breakfast, then lounge about by the aft pool getting BLASTED by the equatorial Sun 'til about 2, I'd go work out from 2.30 to 3.30, catch a little siesta before supper, hit the nightly show. The sea days were better than the port days!

The down size (AKA why we're HOPING to do Princess) to that cruise was that after 10 pm the ship was as quiet as a cemetery on a blizzard swallowed Christmas day. Beyond a couple of the ship events, crew shows and such, it was DEAD. Thank the lord for the in-room DVD player and the DVD library on the Westerdam. Yes I know the longer cruises attract an older crowd. We were about half the average age it felt (I was 41 & Karen was 44 at the time).

That's why we're HOPING for the Princess float. That and 3 different ports to visit.

Derek

There's a one way trip from Tahiti to LA on the Pacific Princess leaving January 7, 2015. It's 16 days and no Samoa, but thought I would throw it out there just in case Princess does eliminate the round trip itinerary.

Just got word....the Crown will do the route in the fall of 2015. I was hoping for the spring but will book the Crown when booking open

That is Great News, Terri! :D Where did you find it? :confused:

I have been searching every day and haven't seen it yet. But I will double my efforts. Ready to jump! :eek:

Edited by RetiredNTraveling

That is Great News, Terri! :D Where did you find it? :confused:

I have been searching every day and haven't seen it yet. But I will double my efforts. Ready to jump! :eek:

All the itineraries are posted on the 2015 caribbean thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2027420

Edited by Cruise Junky

We're booked on this cruise for next October 18. Although it's six months away we have a roll call of chatter that's 45 pages long and a sign up for the meet-and-greet of 115 plus. It seem like it will be a full ship. That's why I'm sure Princess is smart for scheduling it for next year.

According to the linked schedule the Crown is scheduled to Drydock just prior to the: VOYAGE/DEST: 3549, OCT. 17, 2015~28 DAY HAWAII, TAHITI & SAMOA CRUISE! :D

https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/ships/fleet-drydock-schedule

Crown, May 3, 2015-May 15, 2015, 12 tuneups and freshening, Victoria likely. :)

These were posted on another thread 2 days ago.

Have to share. :)

Crazy good vibes to you! Not only are herald of good news, you're from the land of Portal!

Thankya! Now it is time to plan!

Derek

Edited by Viesczy

This sounds like such a wonderful cruise. All those places and no flying! Have a wonderful cruise all so lucky to do so!

Our time on HAL's Westerdam doing a very similar itinerary was a GREAT time and I'm certain that the Crown'll be the same!

Yes I've already done my due diligence and "know" where we're staying pre & post the Fall '15 cruise. I know what is within walking distance and such.

Not that I'm excited or planning ahead for something that is 18 months away or anything! :D

Derek

Our time on HAL's Westerdam doing a very similar itinerary was a GREAT time and I'm certain that the Crown'll be the same!

Yes I've already done my due diligence and "know" where we're staying pre & post the Fall '15 cruise. I know what is within walking distance and such.

Not that I'm excited or planning ahead for something that is 18 months away or anything! :D

Derek

How about sharing your pre & post plans.....Will be looking for a hotel at the port for pre-cruise.

How about sharing your pre & post plans.....Will be looking for a hotel at the port for pre-cruise.

I have been following the Oct 18, 2014 Hawaii/South Pacific Crown Princess web page. :D https://crownprincesssouthpacific2014.shutterfly.com/

It has a page with Hotel Info....

It has more valuable information and might be something to consider! ;)

I have been following the Oct 18, 2014 Hawaii/South Pacific Crown Princess web page. :D https://crownprincesssouthpacific2014.shutterfly.com/

It has a page with Hotel Info....

It has more valuable information and might be something to consider! ;)

Thanks...that is a great web site. I hope some one on "our" cruise will do something like that. It is far beyond my level of expertise!

I don't have a specific hotel yet. Don't laugh, but I'm thinking on staying in the general Torrance/Lomita area near the airport.

Why?

Right by the airport on the PCH in the general Torrance/Lomita area there are quite few places to stay. In that general vicinity there's an In and Out Burger, a Costco, a Sam's, a Whole Food's Market and a theater close by. The World Cruise Terminal is only a few miles away too.

Staying in San Pedro has you right by the port, but mapping that locale out on Google there are fewer amenities close by.

FWIW the Burbank airport is better that LAX. You can get in/out of Burbank, LAX is like every other giant cities airport... people/planes stacked up like cordwood. Downside is that Burbank is DEFINITELY now within walking distance of the port, but the LA Zoo is close by.

Derek

Hello, we are booked on the Grand on the 2-2-2015 sailing from LA. I would love some recent opinions of this ship, as I have seen some very negative reviews and the Ruby goes only 2 months later. I believe you make your own good time, but a poor ship can ruin a good trip. Only 1 cruise with Princess b/4 and that was Tahiti to Hawaii and it was wonderful, older ship no longer owned by Princess.

:)

Hello, we are booked on the Grand on the 2-2-2015 sailing from LA. I would love some recent opinions of this ship, as I have seen some very negative reviews and the Ruby goes only 2 months later. I believe you make your own good time, but a poor ship can ruin a good trip. Only 1 cruise with Princess b/4 and that was Tahiti to Hawaii and it was wonderful, older ship no longer owned by Princess.

:)

As you can see in my signature I have been on a number of Princess ships of all sizes. I was on the Grand to Alaska in 2013. This is strictly my own opinion but I found her very tired. She definitely shows her age. Princess removed Skywalkers and replaced it with "The One5". Not as good. I have been on the Ruby and there is no comparison.

Jayne