Jane

JYRAGR

My husband and I are staying in Venice for a couple of days prior to our May 29, 2014 cruise on Celebrity Silhoette. Is there going to be a shuttle from city center to cruise port on May 29? I tried to ask Celebrity, but get different responses from different people. What is the best way to get from Arcenale (our hotel is at that stop) to cruise port (besides water taxi which is $120)?

Is it vaporetto stop or one of the colored liners? Line blue?

Good question. The Aligaluna blue (B) line has a stop at Arsenale and at Stazione Marittima. The stop is between twe piers, so very convenient depending on where your ship docks. The regular (also: cheaper) vaporetto also has as stop at Arsenale, but for the cruise port you either have to exit at Tronchetto and walk about 15 mins, of stop at Piazzala Roma and take the People mover

I have heard that some cruises have cruise organized shuttles. Is there a way to find out if Celebrity Silhoette is going to have a shuttle on May 29 ,2014 (cruise start date) and how to buy a transfer/ shuttle ticket prior to reaching a cruise ship?

I have heard that some cruises have cruise organized shuttles. Is there a way to find out if Celebrity Silhoette is going to have a shuttle on May 29 ,2014 (cruise start date) and how to buy a transfer/ shuttle ticket prior to reaching a cruise ship?

I believe only the Italian lines have free shuttles and I think the mass market lines only have paid shuttles from the airport. You can ask on the Celebrity board, but it's very likely you're going to have to find a way to get yourself from your hotel to the cruise port.

Even if Celebrity HAD a shuttle, it would not be going to your stop, I believe they often have one going from the ship to San Marco, but you would be paying for something you won't be using.

If the Alilaguna blue line does stop close to your hotel at Arsenale, that is the best option because they pick up right at the cruise port, and they are designed to carry luggage, as opposed to the vaporettos, which are not.

Just make sure you get specific instructions from the boat stop to your hotel--that part can be tricky!!