Alchemy Bar, what's your favorite drink?

bunnyfoofoo82

We are going on the Liberty, first time on a ship with 2.0 and I've heard good things about the Alchemy Bar. I'm just wondering what people's favorites are. I've seen the menu there's one with muddled cucumber that sounds good.

What would you recommend?

That's the cucumber sunrise which is my favorite!

A Tequila thing with a mix of creative stuff and a flaming peel around the rim. I have no idea what it was but I just told the bartender what I liked and she created a unique masterpiece based on what I told her. Every time I went back to the bar she remembered and made it perfect every time.

A Tequila thing with a mix of creative stuff and a flaming peel around the rim. I have no idea what it was but I just told the bartender what I liked and she created a unique masterpiece based on what I told her. Every time I went back to the bar she remembered and made it perfect every time.

This is the best part of the Alchemy Bar! We had several drinks created based on things we liked and when asked what they were, most of the time the response was, "I don't know. I just made it up." I don't think we had anything we didn't like...on the menu or not.

We are going on the Liberty, first time on a ship with 2.0 and I've heard good things about the Alchemy Bar. I'm just wondering what people's favorites are. I've seen the menu there's one with muddled cucumber that sounds good.

What would you recommend?

On Royal, I had a drink with muddled cucumber that was excellent - so I will try it in the Alchemy Bar.

I also LOVE a Moscow Mule, but prefer it with muddled fresh ginger instead of Ginger Beer.

I haven't been on a ship with the Alchemy Bar yet (coming this summer:D), but they have the spicy chipotle martini on the menu and I've had that several times, both as part of the martini sampler and on its own - and it's really good.:cool: It does give you crazy dreams, though.:p

I haven't been on a ship with the Alchemy Bar yet (coming this summer:D), but they have the spicy chipotle martini on the menu and I've had that several times, both as part of the martini sampler and on its own - and it's really good.:cool: It does give you crazy dreams, though.:p

I had the spicy chipotle pineapple martini at the Alchemy bar on the

Glory. They are great. I also liked the Perfect Storm. A rum martini with cinnamon on top. I don't usually drink rum but that was my favorite.

okay was able to find my recipes of the ones I have. I will have to find the caribbean manhattan recipe as someone else posted it in a prior thread. Here they are:

Curative Peach Cosmo

- 1.5 oz Absolute Citron

- .75 oz Peach Snaps

- .25 oz Vitality Lemonade Mix

- 2 oz Cranberry juice

Add all ingredients into shaker, add ice and shake vigorously. Strain into glass and garnish with lemon peel.

Cucumber Sunrise

2 slices cucumbers

2 ounces absolute vodka

1 ounce fresh lime juice

1 ounce Monin watermelon

.75 ounces orange juice

In pub glass muddle the cucumbers. Add all ingredients into pub glass and fill with ice. Cover with shaker and shake for 5 seconds. Double strain into pub glass filled with ice (strain into the glass through a fine strainer after passing through regular strainer. Garnish with a slice of cucumber

Forty is the New Twenty

1.25 ounces Skyy Vodka

1 ounce Parma Pomegranate liquor

1/2 ounce Pomegranate syrup

1/2 ounce Vitality lemonade mix

1 ounce cranberry juice

Add ingredients into shaker and fill with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into glass. Garnish with lime.

Martini Seduction

2 ounces Stoli Orange vodka

1 ounce Monin Red Passion Fruit syrup

.75 ounces fresh lime juice

1 ounce orange juice

Add all ingredients in a pub glass, fill with ice. Shake for at least 10 seconds. Strain into a chilled glass. Rub rim with orange peel and drop in.

Deal Closer

1 ounce Cruzan Vanilla Rum

1/2 ounce DiSiranno Amaretto

.75 ounces Baileys

1/2 ounce Dark Creme De Cacao

Squirt of chocolate syrup

Pour into a mixing cup, fill with ice and shake for 10 seconds.

Strain into a short class filled with ice (11.875 ounce short glass)

Garnish with shaved chocolate. Sometimes they also did a chocolate swirl around the glass before they poured. Also you can pour it into a martini glass - yummo.

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

#11 Report Post

Old January 27th, 2014, 02:03 PM

Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdette4 View Post

Curative Peach Cosmo

- 1.5 oz Absolute Citron

- .75 oz Peach Snaps

- .25 oz Vitality Lemonade Mix

- 2 oz Cranberry juice

Add all ingredients into shaker, add ice and shake vigorously. Strain into glass and garnish with lemon peel.

Cucumber Sunrise

2 slices cucumbers

2 ounces absolute vodka

1 ounce fresh lime juice

1 ounce Monin watermelon

.75 ounces orange juice

In pub glass muddle the cucumbers. Add all ingredients into pub glass and fill with ice. Cover with shaker and shake for 5 seconds. Double strain into pub glass filled with ice (strain into the glass through a fine strainer after passing through regular strainer. Garnish with a slice of cucumber

Forty is the New Twenty

1.25 ounces Skyy Vodka

1 ounce Parma Pomegranate liquor

1/2 ounce Pomegranate syrup

1/2 ounce Vitality lemonade mix

1 ounce cranberry juice

Add ingredients into shaker and fill with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into glass. Garnish with lime.

Martini Seduction

2 ounces Stoli Orange vodka

1 ounce Monin Red Passion Fruit syrup

.75 ounces fresh lime juice

1 ounce orange juice

Add all ingredients in a pub glass, fill with ice. Shake for at least 10 seconds. Strain into a chilled glass. Rub rim with orange peel and drop in.

Deal Closer

1 ounce Cruzan Vanilla Rum

1/2 ounce DiSiranno Amaretto

.75 ounces Baileys

1/2 ounce Dark Creme De Cacao

Squirt of chocolate syrup

Pour into a mixing cup, fill with ice and shake for 10 seconds.

Strain into a short class filled with ice (11.875 ounce short glass)

Garnish with shaved chocolate. Sometimes they also did a chocolate swirl around the glass before they poured. Also you can pour it into a martini glass - yummo.

My favorite was the "Serbia" made by the bartender Jovanna on our Liberty trip last year. It's a drink that she came up with and it was excellent. It's not on the menu, but if she is still on the ship I'd recommend it. My DW's favorite was the French Kiss. My favorite that was on the actual menu was the Radical Cure.

Can you get any of these drinks on a ship that does not have the Alchemy bar? Some of those sound sooo good. My next cruise is on the Freedom, which goes into drydock in a couple of months, but no one knows what if any upgrades she will get. If no alchemy bar can I still get one of these drinks?

• 5 months later...

I never ordered off the menu on the Sunshine last week, when I tried at first they told me that they will make me something I would like better. The drinks certainly did not disappoint. Gabriel, Lucia, Kuna were incredible. After this experience I will buy the cheers program specifically to drink at this bar since they crafted drinks to fit within the program all with premium spirits.

On the Conquest, Vera the bartender made an incredible drink out of strawberries called "The Dean Killer." Apparently the bartenders on the Conquest named it after their boss. It was their own concoction and it was delicious! I had quite a few of those on that trip and Vera got a very nice tip at the end of the cruise! DW and I miss Vera! :D:eek::cool:

The other couple with us just loved the Sidecar (which IS on the menu); made with Hennessy. I don't like Hennessey so it did nothing for me but they LOVED it! :confused::p

My husband usually has Old Fashions. (I think)

My favorite is the Deal Closer. Couldn't have it on my last cruise due to being 9 weeks pregnant. There is always next time though.

Edited by Ciardasully