Can anyone grade the following cruise ships

Widebay

1. P&O cruise ships out of Brisbane?

2. Princess cruise ships out of Brisbane"

3. Celebrity cruise ships out of Honolulu, Hawaii?

Are any of these cruises considered "bogan" type cruises?

I think the P & O cruises from brisbane are generally considered bogan. That said we've done 4 p & o cruises from brisbane and loved them, and I don't consider myself bogan.

It's easy to avoid the bogans, just avoid where they hang out - the buffet, the martini mixers classes, the orient bar and the dome after dark lol.

I've found the people on longer cruises are less bogan. There were definitely more of these types of people on our cheap 7 day island hopper cruise we recently did.

But we still had a great time, any cruise is what you make of it yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

P 7o sydney is also pretty much bogan

princess pacific cruises also has these types although not as many

you can pick them by the following

men wear shorts/ bintang singlets are covered in tattoos usually you can even find out their kids names by reading their lower arms

they also wear a battered baseball cap with a pair of sunnys permanantly shoved in top of hat.

They only eat in pizzeria/ horizon buffet or pool bbq.

They will also bring a stubby holder from home to hold their vb as it is the only drink they have in daytime. At nite they move onto bourbon

thier wives will also have the obligitory tatt usually a picture of their kids on shoulder as well as various leg / ankle and some sort of chinese writing on back of neck/ they seem to spend a lot of time in spa/ whrlpool area and bingo as a family you will find them puffing away on deck 7

still their not too bad travel companions always good for a laugh and the crew love them as they pretty generous

which is more than i can say forthe middle class who seem to spend the whole cruise whinging but thats another srory

P 7o sydney is also pretty much bogan

princess pacific cruises also has these types although not as many

you can pick them by the following

men wear shorts/ bintang singlets are covered in tattoos usually you can even find out their kids names by reading their lower arms

they also wear a battered baseball cap with a pair of sunnys permanantly shoved in top of hat.

They only eat in pizzeria/ horizon buffet or pool bbq.

They will also bring a stubby holder from home to hold their vb as it is the only drink they have in daytime. At nite they move onto bourbon

thier wives will also have the obligitory tatt usually a picture of their kids on shoulder as well as various leg / ankle and some sort of chinese writing on back of neck/ they seem to spend a lot of time in spa/ whrlpool area and bingo as a family you will find them puffing away on deck 7

So you are the elite human being? Sounds like you are based on your demeaning language... look out, we have a posh guy over here!

I didn't mean to cause a stir. I agree with a lot of your replies. Dear wife & I haven't been on a P&O ship - 2015 (but we have booked one coming out of Singapore, via Indonesian islands, Timor, then PNG, before returning to Brisbane. I suspect the Pacific Jewel is getting a refit? in Singapore, not sure.

We have cruised on the Pride of America around the Hawaiian Islands (just loved it), then a Sun Princess cruises to the Sth Pacific Islands (very nice), and our last cruise was on the Celebrity Millenium, out of Hawaii, sailing via the Tahitian Islands (Papeete, Bora Bora & Moorea), then to Fiji & Noumea, then back to Sydney (just loved the cruise & destinations, and met some wonderful people & crew)

I didn't see any people of the Celebrity with tatoo's, and most were drinking foreign beers & cocktails not Australian beers. However, having said that, we did come across a few rude people on the Millenium, who treated the ship staff, as if they were their own servants. I found by treating the staff with respect, they treated you with respect & quite often my favourite barman would top up my beer glass a little bit higher than others.

As they say, "You get back what you give".