Cruising w/ a Baby on Carnival

MistyRo76

I should also point out that aside from me, my dad has 3 other grown girls in their 20s and a 13 year old son and my step mom has a grown son on his 20s and at least two of us is always traveling with them, and I think that makes a big difference having all those extra helping hands..,.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Took our son at 9 months on the Dream and he was fine. Our interior room was large enough for him to crawl around and play. We brought our own pack n play since we know where that's been, and it has a nice changing table which is very handy. We had the steward push the two twins to one side of the room against the wall so we could easily fit the pack n play on the other side. If you don't do this, you will be pressed for space. There were enough drawers in the desk to store all of his changing supplies...it really worked out well.

We also brought a blow up tub. One of those things that is really easy to overlook, but completely essential! I suggest you get an umbrella stroller. We got the First Years Ignite and it is perfect for a cruise ship. When you get back to your room you can just roll it right under the bed!

Edited by Pete C

Hubby and I are taking a break from cruising to have our first baby this fall....but we are already thinking about baby's first cruise! :p I was thinking of waiting until the little one is over a year old, so we would be looking at next fall to cruise. We were also thinking of trying to make it an extended big family cruise.

Just curious about everyone's experiences traveling with an infant. What do we need to know, need to bring, tips, hints etc. Is one year old too young?? Are there better cruises/ports for travel with a small one?

I know it's early...but we'd like to book this summer and just want to start making some plans!

Thanks!

Misty

Hi, Misty. Congratulations!

I thought I'd share this with you from Carnival's website. It states that Carnival Owl Jams will accept children starting at age 6 months.

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/Babysitting.htm

Have a wonderful time making family memories!

I've been following reviews from people with kids. I loved the blow up tub idea, its on my list of things to buy. Very handy for a cruise but I'm sure I'll use it elsewhere as well.

I would HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend that you look at cruise lines that offer more than Carnival for infants (which is basically nothing). Unfortunately the "Under 2's" is an age group
Edited by 1kaper