Getaway ~ Best & Biggest Balcony Aft Facing Cabins?

Glendy

I've booked cabin 13308 with the assurance that it had a larger balcony than most other aft facing balconies, excluding suites, of course.

Now that I've done a little more research and seen real pictures, it appears that the exact opposite is true.

A larger balcony is much more important to my husband and I than the size of the stateroom.

Any opinions?

I've booked cabin 13308 with the assurance that it had a larger balcony than most other aft facing balconies, excluding suites, of course.

Now that I've done a little more research and seen real pictures, it appears that the exact opposite is true.

A larger balcony is much more important to my husband and I than the size of the stateroom.

Any opinions?

I would have to disagree. We just got off the ship today and were in 13906. 13 has the smallest of the aft balconies. They're larger than the regular balconies, but certainly not larger than most aft facing balconies. I would book deck 11 or 12 over 13.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

I would have to disagree. We just got off the ship today and were in 13906. 13 has the smallest of the aft balconies. They're larger than the regular balconies, but certainly not larger than most aft facing balconies. I would book deck 11 or 12 over 13.

Thank you!

I'm going to call and change my cabin. I just want to make the right choice this time.

I'm kind of curious who assured you that the aft balconies on 12 were the larger aft balconies.

It was a person that answered NCLs 800 number. We were discussing balcony size on 13. At first she was trying to get me in a cabin on 14. She then was going to place me in a wheel chair accessible cabin, but I didn't feel great about that. I think it should be reserved for those that need it, and I know I stood the chance of getting bumped from that aft facing cabin, with potentially no others available. I want that view! :)

I stayed in 11910 on breakaway and it was fantastic. There is a bit of a discussion about noise from spice h2o. On 11 I only heard one party that went until after midnight but some on higher decks heard more

I think we'll be alright. When we cruised on the Sun we were right above the Stardust lounge. It was loud, but manageable. Maybe I'll pack a noise machine just in case. :)

Hi Glendy,

My husband and I sailed on the Breakaway in 11308 and loved the balcony so much we booked that same cabin for our upcoming Getaway cruise. This cabin may not have the biggest aft balcony but it was pretty darn huge! We have some pictures which really tell the story if you want to see them.

I am not sure how to post pictures on a thread but I will try, or send me your email address and I can send them that way.

It was a person that answered NCLs 800 number. We were discussing balcony size on 13. At first she was trying to get me in a cabin on 14. She then was going to place me in a wheel chair accessible cabin, but I didn't feel great about that. I think it should be reserved for those that need it, and I know I stood the chance of getting bumped from that aft facing cabin, with potentially no others available. I want that view! :)

Of course I meant to say '13'. It's unfortunate that a NCL rep gave you that answer.

• 6 months later...
I would have to disagree. We just got off the ship today and were in 13906. 13 has the smallest of the aft balconies.

Hi. We've been assigned this room on a future cruise. From the deck plans, it seems this room is smaller, because it doesn't have the 'bump-out' for the bed. Can you comment on that, as well as how private the balcony actually is? It seems the aft balconies are essentially shared because of the way the partitions are cut.

Thank you so much for your time.

Evidently floors 11 and 14 have the bedroom with balcony door, while the others have an inside bedroom, with the bathroom having a window.

Could not agree more. I have had both configurations and the extra door to the balcony is wonderful especially if someone is sleeping in the living room. Go for deck 11 as 14 has the smallest (not that small) balcony and is right below Spice H2O.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

You guys are my heroes! I just booked 12906! :)

You will enjoy that one, There is a thread out there that was posted over the summer of a guy who stayed in that cabin. He has pictures and raved about the size of the balcony. Maybe search that cabin number/Getaway.

• 5 weeks later...
You will enjoy that one, There is a thread out there that was posted over the summer of a guy who stayed in that cabin. He has pictures and raved about the size of the balcony. Maybe search that cabin number/Getaway.

Thank you so much for the heads up. I would love to see where I'm staying. :)

We were on Breakaway 12304 Aft PH and loved it. The balcony was enormous and we could only hear the parties from above when we were on the balcony at night. (that is most of time we were at the party so really didn't notice.