For those of you with infants/toddlers -Diaper Disposal question

mconthehighseas

How did you handle dirty diapers?:eek:

I know there are bags for sanitary purposes in the bathroom - did you use those? Or did the ship provide something for you to throw the diapers into?

I am considering cruising with a ton of zip lock bags, and DH and I even considered that since we are cruising close to home, we could take a small Diaper Genie with us :confused:. But the thought of taking one of those on the ship just seems too peculiar for words.

You can usually get the scented trash bags at the dollar store. Also, pack some things (diapers, outfits, etc) in zip lock bags. You could then use those & the scented trash bags together for an extra level of odor/mess control.

They actually sell a small diapergenie bag key chain thing at target or Wal-Mart that works great. Wrap the diaper in the bad and throw it in the trash it's about $3 here is the link

http://www.playtexbaby.com/mobile/DiaperGenie/Diaper-Genie-Portable-Bag-Dispenser

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

We just put them in our bathroom trash and it was emptied twice a day. Some mornings it would smell but we didnt stay in there long enough to care as after we came back from breakfast it was gone. Gosh, im so excited my son just potty trained last week and we finally wont have to deal with this on our trip in April!!

We just put them in our bathroom trash and it was emptied twice a day. Some mornings it would smell but we didnt stay in there long enough to care as after we came back from breakfast it was gone. Gosh, im so excited my son just potty trained last week and we finally wont have to deal with this on our trip in April!!

But your poor room steward had to smell it! Sure hope you tipped a LOT.

I used ziploc baggies.. No stinky smell (esp at night, by morning I'd imagine it could get pretty bad) not yucky if it's accidentally touched. The dollar store usually has cheap ziploc bags.. they don't have to be fancy, they're for poop :)

When possible we dump the poo in the toilet and flush. That helps a lot. We use cloth diapers at home, so we're used to that. Not all poo is usually ploppable though! lol. We've asked our room stewards for extra garbage bags. They are usually happy to comply. Then we keep one tied up with dirty diapers in it.

Upon meeting our cabin steward on our girl's first cruise' date=' we mentioned the diapers and he said to just put them in the trash can. I still wrapped each one up and put in those little bags before placing in the trash to make it a little easier on the steward. It's best to ask.[/quote']

Same here. We asked him on the first day if there was a garbage in the hallway we should use and he said no, just put them in the bathroom trash can and that is fine.

We use the blue disposable bags. They make the room smell like a nursery ;) we didn't tie them until they were full usually. They hold about 3 size diapers before they're full. They're scented enough they contain the smell just twisted over.

They're much cheaper that ziplocks but more importantly they come in much smaller packaging. Actually we never bought any extra for the cruise and just used what we normally keep in the diaper bag anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When possible we dump the poo in the toilet and flush. That helps a lot. We use cloth diapers at home, so we're used to that. Not all poo is usually ploppable though! lol. We've asked our room stewards for extra garbage bags. They are usually happy to comply. Then we keep one tied up with dirty diapers in it.

this, exactly. We CD'd too, except for the cruise we took while ours was still in diapers (my first experience with disposables - very interesting!). We did the same thing we normally do - dump the poo and flush it). Then tightly bundled the used diaper and tied it into a bag (just like the ones we used to pick up after our dog at the park). never noticed a smell at all.

We bring the big diaper genie bags and the scented bags. Throw the really bad ones in the scented bags then into the genie. The wets we pretty much just put in the genie bag. Our room steward appreciated it!