How much weight did you gain?

Ceblake

On our med cruise we did so much more walking and climbing than normal I only gained 1lb. That included almost 2 weeks in Italy precruise.

According to my fitness tracker I averaged 30,000 steps per day though. I suspect it will be different in the Caribbean.

The most I ever gained was .5lb. I usually lose a pound. Probably from watching other people gorge themselves..lol.

I eat what I want at dinner and limit my frozen drinks to one per day...visit the gym every morning and take the stairs. It has worked for me while allowing me to splurge on vacation.

I probably put on 2-3 lbs. We had a rule to only use the elevator (FOS) if the destination was more than 4 decks. :-)

We also went up more than down. Up is better cardio and down is worse on the knees...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I never gained any weight from talking about Food;):D

As I´m not stepping on any scales, I can´t really tell, but I don´t think I gain much on Cruises and I think it´s mostly due to a different schedule. I don´t even think I eat more on a cruise, but it´s definitely a more regular eating when I´m cruising. At home / work I often will have to make due with some snacking in between which can easily be Sweets, so I guess taking 3 regular meals even with desert is still better;) That´s my Story and I´m sticking to it.:p

I average a pound a day. But on my last cruise I drank less and only gained 5 pounds on a 7 night. Leaving tomorrow for 11 night on Legend. We'll see. Gonna try to do better. Good news is it seems to come off fast. I think a lot of it has to do with not drinking enough water and too much sodium. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

The most I've ever gained was 4 lbs on a 46 day cruise. I workout almost every day and eat what I want, but only in very small servings. The waiters in the MDR are always concerned that I don't like my food as I never clean my plate, I always eat no more than half. :D

Sherri:)

Depends how much you eat. I always get my money's worth while on board. Last cruise I gained 9.4lbs.

Dan Clarke

Dan's Diesel Performance

I too have subscribed to the idea of making sure that I get my money's worth, which has meant an average gain of one pound per day. Next cruise in a couple of weeks' time I'll try to be more careful, avoiding the carbs as best I can.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

I usually gain around 5 lbs but I then lose it in the next 1-2 weeks. I think there is some water retention. I try to eat lots of fruit and veggies for lunch and breakfast. I indulge in dinner and whatever cocktails and frozen drinks that I want. I do try to get some exercise in either on the ship or during shore excursions.

All that being said, my good intentions usually waiver as the week progresses. It is a vacation after all :D

We literally take the stairs no matter how many floors! (Unless it's realllllly late at night! ;-)) I think the walking helps with the weight gain... Also, we eat very healthy, even on cruises and reserve any leftover calories to alcoholic drinks!

Royal Caribbean Cruises:

Nov 15 2013 Independence Of The Seas- 8 Night Eastern Caribbean

Dec 10 2011 Oasis Of The Seas- 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise

Mar 19 2011 Liberty Of The Seas- 8 Night Eastern Caribbean

Sep 27 2010 Majesty Of The Seas- 4 Night Bahamas Cruise

Sep 7 2009 Majesty Of The Seas- 4 Night Bahamas Cruise

May 26 2008 Majesty Of The Seas- 4 Night Bahamas Cruise

Jan 2 2005 Mariner Of The Seas- 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise

Booked:

December 14 2014 Independence of the Seas- 6 Night Western Caribbean

On our first cruise, or two, I gained 6 lbs.

Him - We don't wanna' go there.

I've since wised up. The desserts used to get me, but no more. They really aren't that great. If I take a bite, and it's not delicious, I don't eat more than the first bite.

Works for me. He still needs help, although he's doing better.

Last cruise I didn't gain anything.

Edited by WetToes

I LOST 5lbs. I am more active on a cruise ship. I do laps on the jogging trail, I try to use the stairs, and from just walking around the ports, and the ship, I loose weight. Now if only I can do that when I am on land. . .:rolleyes:

I normally gain 6-8lbs a cruise like some have posted, it usually comes off quickly once I get home and start to eat normal again. Then hit the elliptical for 30 mins a day, its usually back to normal for me. I always have my track pants for the plane ride home lol

Edited by trev71

I never gain weight on a cruise:rolleyes:

BUT the salt air does seem to always shrink my clothes:eek:

Thom

Hahaha, that really made me laugh :D

On my first cruise on Allure I lost 2 pounds :eek: I think it was all the walking I did around the ship!

My first cruise was when I was 23 with two other girlfriends and I lost 3 lbs. It just doesn't seem to be about the food when you are 23 and honestly I can't handle much liquor while being in the sun that much. We were also super active.

Most cruises since then I probably average about 5 lbs per 7 day cruise but a lot of it is serious water retention. I take it back off during the first week or two that I'm home. I don't know about you guys but I retain a lot of water when I travel. Maybe because I don't eat tons of sodium at home. The worst was on a 4 day Disney Cruise. I was in good shape when I left and I didn't totally pig out on that cruise yet by the time I stepped off that boat I could barely button my shorts.

Thanks for all the replies! This is my first cruise and very excited to try new foods that I normally wouldn't try at home. I plan on loosing a few pounds to compensate, but with an active four year old boy, I may be just fine!