Thomson standards dropping?

OK I've just read on the FB page that on the Thomson Dream they allowed people into the MDR in football shirts and shorts, please tell me this isn't so?

Also on the next night they let people in the MDR in tracksuits. :mad:

Is Thomson's turning into McDonald's or are the government paying too much out in benefits?

Sorry, but I hope the post was a windup. :eek:

I don't think it's anything to do with standards dropping! When we were on Dream in 2010 they allowed men in football shirts into the MDR. We also saw jeans in there on formal evening.

On Majesty in June on the first formal night there was a man in jeans and check shirt guess that's how it goes now.

OK I've just read on the FB page that on the Thomson Dream they allowed people into the MDR in football shirts and shorts, please tell me this isn't so?

Is Thomson's turning into McDonald's or are the government paying too much out in benefits?

Paying too much in benefits ??? Yeah cos those benefit cheats are the only folk who wear football shirts and track suits , what a dreadful generalisation deary me.

Paying too much in benefits ??? Yeah cos those benefit cheats are the only folk who wear football shirts and track suits , what a dreadful generalisation deary me.

Well said sir. Now Thompson are moving into this so called platinum optional VIP mode you may get more people showing this sort of attitude.

I have seen that ATOS have given notice to quite the work assessment job.

May be a job for Dizzyfitz as the assessment would only take seconds. Track Suit-reject, Football Shirt-reject:mad:

I have seen that ATOS have given notice to quite the work assessment job.

May be a job for Dizzyfitz as the assessment would only take seconds. Track Suit-reject, Football Shirt-reject:mad:

Sorry about the benefits bit, I was having a really bad day and yes it wasn't called for.

Just wish people would dress appropriately according to the dresscode. :o

Nice of you to apologise. Many people perhaps would just reply with another insult.:)

Sorry about the benefits bit, I was having a really bad day and yes it wasn't called for.

Just wish people would dress appropriately according to the dresscode. :o

Accepted , Had two weeks on the Dream and saw no inappropriate dress in the MDR

So our flat caps, clogs and whippet will be frowned on for the Black Pudding Night.......:-)

Definitely lol!!!

Although i'm hoping us West Country Bumpkins can still wear our denim dungarees & wellies with straw hanging our of mouths whilst drinking our scrumpy.......

Edited by Julessmiles

Although i'm hoping us West Country Bumpkins can still wear our denim dungarees & wellies with straw hanging our of mouths whilst drinking our scrumpy.......

lols:) jules

ahhh a fellow west countryman (sorry countryladywomanperson)..... aarryte moi babberr .... ow b aahn? ;)

:D

It was probably my post you read on Facebook. We returned yesterday from 14 days on the Dream and had a fabulous time, but the standard of dress in the evening left a lot to be desired..there were football shirts, shorts, tracksuits, hot pants, and vests on show in the Orion, also the latest trend is for middle aged men to not wear socks? Men in flip flops were also frequent sights.

Thomson state that they expect men to wear long trousers and a shirt/polo shirt in the main restaurant..well they certainly don't enforce it. Did it ruin our cruise? Of course not, if people want to look scruffy it's entirely up,to them, personally I have more respect for myself and the crew than to turn up to dinner dressed like that.

There were a few niggles overall but nothing to detract from the great time we had...some surly bar staff in certain areas, having to get up at silly o'clock in order to get a sunbed on sea days, the main band were far too loud, had no personality and a very limited set, and a few members of the entertainment team who obviously think they are far more important than they are, looking down their noses at passengers who ultimately pay their wages.

The good points were the fabulous waiters who served us and kept us entertained, Neil and Carlos in the deck 10 outside bar (where the smokers go) and the brilliant trio of musicians who popped up all over the ship..brilliant ports of call and of course the lovely weather..

We will probably do another Thomson cruise, but more than likely it would be for 7 nights rather than 14.