Midnight Buffet?

jeanne_stein

They do have one midnight buffet, and it is a mexican theme. Went to it once but after eating "all day", the midnight buffet just didn't hold any interest. Besides, Mexican is not one of my first food choices.

There is a chocolate dessert buffet at lunch on one of the sea days, at least there was on the Freedom this past December. That was good :)

Steve

Thanks all. I sure lots has changed since I've cruised. I remember the Mexican buffets. Back then they were on the Lido deck and it was a fun party (hope that is still the case). The grand buffet was more of a photo op because the food was presented so beautifully.

Nothing they serve today is anything like the Midnight Buffet use to be. Of course there was a lot of waste and that is why it has gone by the way side.

It had beautiful sugar figures, Ice sculptors, Fruit Carvings. People would line up for an hour to get in to see it before it started being served. I really enjoyed it.

Nothing they serve today is anything like the Midnight Buffet use to be. Of course there was a lot of waste and that is why it has gone by the way side.

It had beautiful sugar figures, Ice sculptors, Fruit Carvings. People would line up for an hour to get in to see it before it started being served. I really enjoyed it.

Yep, those were the good old days!:D The Mexican buffet seems to be a lot of fun for some people. I'm not a big fan of Mexican food but the DH is so we always check it out. But, even though I know the midnight buffets were cut because of the cost...and I understand this...I sure do miss them. They were absolutely awesome!:D In that sense, the Mexican buffet cannot come close to competing with them. But you can't miss what you didn't know so it's nice that they do still do something at midnight that's special.

Edited by mousey

If I remember right, on our 2012 Hawaii 15nt cruise they had a Grand Gala Midnight Buffet like the old days. I think with so many days they tried to come up with all kinds of different things to offer us. I specially enjoyed the Luau and unlimited drinks in the Atrium. 15 dinner menus was quite interesting too.