Laundry for someone with noro

Pansy2801

As our next cruise will start in a week, I was wondering ( and I hope that I will never find out if the answer I receive is correct) if in case someone has noro , Princess will clean the laundry of that person ( as they clean the cabin) or the laundry may go in the self laundry machines. Are these machine ever cleaned? Thanks

Thank you for answering. It is good to know that Princess offer to do laundry and I hope that everyone who need it, take the offer and wash the contaminated things at a temperature high enough to kill the virus. And if the things are destroyed so be it.

Just had lunch with a friend that had Noro on the Coral Princess last month.

The hasmat team packs all towels and sheets in red special bags.

Also the clothing that needs washing goes in special bags too. I think they keep it separate when washing as it is put in different bags and collected by Hasmat.

My wife had acute gastro on our last trip and princess came in twice a day to decontaminate and bag up the sheets and bedding...though she didnt have the Noro....it was great to see them take the necessary precautions in the event she did have it....and yes they did wash the clothing that may have been contaminated

DH and I have done the Ultimate ships tour on the Diamond and Sun Princess (Dec 13) and whilst touring the laundry they actually showed us the special washing machine and dryer that is used solely for doing all the laundry of people who have Noro virus. It washes everything super hot to kill all those bugs. So I feel quite comfortable using the sheets and towels etc when an outbreak is on-board, that I wont' be contaminated that way. I just keep vigilant with the hand washing and try not to touch to many things out in public.

Assuming the machines are the same as the one we saw on the Coral, these use steam as well as normal washing to make sure pathogens are killed. Not very kind on the clothing tho.

DH and I have done the Ultimate ships tour on the Diamond and Sun Princess (Dec 13) and whilst touring the laundry they actually showed us the special washing machine and dryer that is used solely for doing all the laundry of people who have Noro virus. It washes everything super hot to kill all those bugs. So I feel quite comfortable using the sheets and towels etc when an outbreak is on-board, that I wont' be contaminated that way. I just keep vigilant with the hand washing and try not to touch to many things out in public.