Changing Dress Codes

C at Sea

This is our first P&O cruise the lack of information regarding port times infuriates me and if they have changed dress codes we should be notified in advance :mad:

They are treating passengers like mushrooms. Things like this give people an excuse to complain about other things that they might otherwise not bother about.

We will be packing for 4/4/2 regardless and hopefully enjoy the cruise.

Which cruise are you on?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

a405b

Same cruise as us - we are packing 4/4/6 and hoping for the best. Frustrating isn't it (welcome to P&O !!), it always seems to be like this lately. Last March on Ventura our cruise personaliser said 6 PM leaving all ports and we left everywhere at 5PM. On Oriana in July they altered all the Dress Codes around and we ended up with more casual and less Jacket nights - OK as we went from Soton but with this cruise and the tight luggage allowance they should get it right, don't want to take formal/Jacket wear we don't use.

Same cruise as us - we are packing 4/4/6 and hoping for the best. Frustrating isn't it (welcome to P&O !!), it always seems to be like this lately. Last March on Ventura our cruise personaliser said 6 PM leaving all ports and we left everywhere at 5PM. On Oriana in July they altered all the Dress Codes around and we ended up with more casual and less Jacket nights - OK as we went from Soton but with this cruise and the tight luggage allowance they should get it right, don't want to take formal/Jacket wear we don't use.

Yes I should have put 4/4/6 not getting off the ship early unless they make make me walk the plank lol

Yes I should have put 4/4/6 not getting off the ship early unless they make make me walk the plank lol

Yes you were clearly thinking of a football formation.

Does having 3/4/7 make that much difference. As has been said the impression I get is that for all Caribbean fly cruises they will go 4/0/10 as they have at times in the past. Especially with luggage allowances coming down.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It does - you have to scroll down and click on the ship first and then find your cruise.

I thought it was only winter Caribbean cruises where they didn't have smart nights, or that changed back now?

I've just booked Azura in the Caribbean for New Year. No smart/jacket required nights at all; just casual or formal. My hubby often wears a jacket on casual nights, so not really concerned by P&O's decision. However, I was surprised to see that NYE is a casual night - would definitely have thought that would be formal.

Azura still has 3 codes for the rest of this Caribbean season Sharon, only 2 next season.

I just wish they would stop changing things without notification. Dining times had changed on Oceana last Jan to 6.15 and 8.15 instead of 6.30 and 8.30. We wondered why we were always late to the table!!

I just wish they would stop changing things without notification. Dining times had changed on Oceana last Jan to 6.15 and 8.15 instead of 6.30 and 8.30. We wondered why we were always late to the table!!

Quite agree Sharon, why cannot they not put all the port leaving time, dress codes and dining times in the CP and stick to it. There is always something that changes.

• 4 weeks later...

Well we are back from Azura 405B and guess what they changed the Dress Codes from 4/4/6 to 4/2/8 and also changed the nights around exactly as the original post from C at Sea said. We had booked speciality restaurants for Jacket nights and had to change them once on board.

I both emailed and phoned P&O to get confirmation on the dress codes 3 days before we left and before buying extra luggage and was assured that it would be 4/4/6.

I have been told by the Front of House Manager on Azura that the 'Dress Code' bible that we all use is designed by Southampton and not used by the ship as they like to fit the dress codes around the entertainment (?) as if that is any consolation to us. I was also told that after complaints it no longer shows which codes are on which nights.

Why can they not all sing from the same song sheet - I have a case open with Southampton to 'discuss' this but I cannot see them refunding my extra luggage allowance.