Really carnival????

VacationsRme

Just got an e-mail changing our port days. I spent weeks getting all our excursion in order just for them to change them all. This one will cost. I booked a $600.00 excursion in Grand Cayman for all day and now it will still be charged for all day and we will only get 1/2 day. Oh well, I just had to rant.

Just got an e-mail changing our port days. I spent weeks getting all our excursion in order just for them to change them all. This one will cost. I booked a $600.00 excursion in Grand Cayman for all day and now it will still be charged for all day and we will only get 1/2 day. Oh well, I just had to rant.

Sorry but it states in the paper work that carnival has the right to change alter or even cancel the ports at any time.

You can't cancel the excursion and find something else?

I started a thread about this yesterday the same thing happened on our magic sailing.All of our port times changed and we had to re book and d/c part of 1 due to decreased time in port .We only have a short jet ski excursion in Caymen but we got 3 additional hours there now..

Although I understand that it can be frustrating, and I would be frustrated to, unfortunately schedules are indeed subject to change.

When is your cruise? I can't believe that you can't get a refund on your excursion. I guess this goes on the list of "reasons to book excursions directly with Carnival". :o

I agree with others. Grand Cayman is not where I would book a third party non-refundable excursion. It's missed very frequently. Last time we were there, it was a beautiful, sunny day. Not a cloud in the sky. But it was windy. After 2 hours, we finally sailed to the south side of the island to and isolated pier at Spot's Bay. People with excursions were met there, but those without one were not so lucky. Very limited number of taxis to pick people up and take them into Georgetown. We were there with another Carnival ship and a Princess ship. The lines were hellacious. Getting back on the ship took 2 hours. We barely had enough time for our 3 hour excursion.

Hey! But at least we were fortunate enough to make it to Grand Cayman!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

Unfortunately it happens. Grand Cayman is a terrible port to try and plan things for. Out of 3 times we were scheduled to go there, 1 stop was cancelled all together because weather was bad and we couldn't tender. One other time we had to tender on the other side of the island where it was a little calmer.

At least you got an email. I found out they changed our itinerary from my Daughter. I'm glad they sent her the email. I have booked excursions through Carnival, and the email said they will make the changes. Can't wait to see how that turns out. :eek:

I have booked excursions through Carnival, and the email said they will make the changes. Can't wait to see how that turns out. :eek:

Keep an eye on it. My experience with itinerary changes is that Carnival will just cancel your shore excursion and refund your credit card, not automatically rebook you for the new port day.

Keep an eye on it. My experience with itinerary changes is that Carnival will just cancel your shore excursion and refund your credit card, not automatically rebook you for the new port day.

I've already cancelled our excursions myself. I will just wait until closer to the time and rebook. ;)

Another reason to book excursions through the cruise line...

Thanks! I will watch it like a hawk and give them a few days, to see how it turns out.

It's frustrating I know. This past December they changed the order of our ports. It was reversed. Never received an email about it either. Supposedly it was to get us to GC on a day when there were not many ships in port. Not enough tenders to get people to the island.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app

Does anyone know what causes this to happen? I'm wondering if it's because of port capacity or something on those lines?

Yes that's the reason most times. Go to this site and look up your ports and your dates and you'll see how many passengers are with you those days.

http://ports.cruisett.com/

Edited by gregg204

Thanks! I will watch it like a hawk and give them a few days, to see how it turns out.

I emailed Shore Excursions yesterday after I found itinerary change for our Dream cruise and this was reply that I received this morning....

Thank you for getting in touch with the Shore Excursion Department.

The cruise manager will update in the near future once the tour operators have rescheduled their tours. Please check your cruise manager again in a week.

We value your business and appreciate this opportunity to assist.

Best regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

It stinks but atleast you found out in advance. I had one cruise where I did not find out until we had already sailed that they reversed the itinerary order. Some others in our group had found out right before sailing, but we did not. I actually only learned it when we went to one of the port talks and the lady was commenting about how the audience was not loud enough and that we should be excited as we were going to Cozumel the next day. DH and I were confused because the next day was supposed to be another sea day and then to Jamaica. We went back and looked at the Shore excursions booklet and sure enough, it showed the itinerary had changed. We had a reservation at Mr. Sanchos with a $10 deposit. We probably could have went there to see if we could change it, but we decided at that point we really did not want to do that anyway, so we did not bother with it and lost the deposit. Fortunately we had nothing concrete planned in the other ports.

I emailed Shore Excursions yesterday after I found itinerary change for our Dream cruise and this was reply that I received this morning....

Thank you for getting in touch with the Shore Excursion Department.

The cruise manager will update in the near future once the tour operators have rescheduled their tours. Please check your cruise manager again in a week.

We value your business and appreciate this opportunity to assist.

Best regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

Thanks for this. I'll check my cruise manager in a week to make sure my excursions are still booked as I have one for each port on the dream in May. I too received an itinerary change.

From what I'm hearing Dream out of NOLA, Magic and Triumph out of Galveston have all had changes. Carnival is trying to put the ships into ports on days when there are less ships in a port. Our Dream Cruise has been reversed. I know it's a pain in the butt but we're ok with it as in Grand Cayman it looks like we're the only ship in. Have never been there with less than 3-6 ships in so I'm looking forward to less crowded beaches and side walks. ;)

It stinks but atleast you found out in advance. I had one cruise where I did not find out until we had already sailed that they reversed the itinerary order. Some others in our group had found out right before sailing, but we did not. I actually only learned it when we went to one of the port talks ....

I can go one better. On our Med cruise on the Magic out of Barcelona, they reversed the entire order of the ports (from generally a clockwise route to a counter-clockwise route. They decided on the change in the departure port, but they waited a couple hours until we were out at sea to inform passengers of the change.

If you think it is tough changing arrangements for the beach club in Ocho Rios, try re-booking car rentals in Civitavecchia/Rome, timed/dated tickets to climb the Leaning Tower of Pisa (in Pisa, obviously) and timed/dated tickets to the Accademia in Florence (where the statue of David is), while on board.

There were no offers by Carnival to help change bookings (actually, there were offers, but when you went to accept the offer, they weren't actually willing to help). So now you're using the ship's telephone or internet to change arrangements made on-line months ago, dealing with people in Italian, obviously.

I actually had no problem with their decision to change the route. They said they were changing due to bad weather in Monaco, although I later found out that ultimately other ships docked in Monaco that day. My issue was with how Carnival withheld the details of the route change until we were out of port and out of reach of land cell service, etc.

I asked JH (the cruise director) about this after the cruise was over. Not surprisingly, he ignored my inquiry.

I'm with dramajan on the Magic.

I'm not going to fret it b/c the only excursion I booked should be able just to switch the date, no problems.

I'm a little peeved that they extended the GC. I don't snorkel or feed stingrays or want to go to Hell..........so the port is useless to me and too expensive. If I didn't want to cruise the Magic I probably wouldn't have booked this cruise. I do however LOVE Cozumel and the decrease time there sucks big time. Though, four hours on the beach is enough time for me.

But we get two back-back sea days on return so that will be nice. I'm on a cruise, I'm happy.