Recent attacks raises suspicion about safety

Anyislandwilldo

SIL in room by herself and didn't have the inside lock locked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

first off, don't blame the victim....(victim term used loosely but still)

I hate that. Whether the deadbolt was locked or not is not relevant.

Of course we should always have it locked when we are on the inside, but please, don't shift the blame if someone was trying something shady. :mad:

I've never felt unsafe on a cruise ship. that's not to say I would let my guard down. But one should always use uncommon sense. Yes, UNcommon sense because common sense is so uncommon lol.

It does seem like John Heald was sending Strawberries...and perhaps had the wrong room and the person delivering was trying to get to the correct cabin. But who knows for sure.

Danger can be anywhere. Not just a ship or foreign port.

Edited by Almost Packed

"Then around 9:00 one night, SIL got a knock on the door and some guy was coming in her room by using a room key. She startled him and he said you need room clean? She said no and he left"

I could be 200% wrong, but is it possible he might have been the room steward's assistant? Only mention this because our last cruise we had anytime dining and in fact the assistant was in our cabin 9pm ish when we stopped by ... and we hadn't met him up until this point (days into our cruise). And if you or SIL were uncomfortable or questioned anything, I'm quite surprised neither one of you ever inquired.

Okay... I am going on my first solo cruise... friend had to cancel. Now you guys are making me nervous ... perhaps I should cancel... i didn't even know there was a secondary lock and have been on 25 cruises :confused:

OMG you are seriously thinking about canceling because of a thread? It's called common sense. You have a better chance of dying in a car accident than anything happening to you on a cruise ship as long as you use half your brain.

Since you have been on 25 cruises, didn't you happen to see the little turn knob thing on the door and wonder what it's for? That's the deadbolt. Same as in a hotel.

Please don't get all paranoid and stay home. I'm going on my first solo cruise in May and would NEVER be petrified of the "what if's". Especially based on some things that are said on a forum. Some people give this place too much credit. Like the ones that say the food is horrible, the ship is in such disrepair that they are amazed at how it's still floating, etc. It's a good place to get info from, but don't treat it like it's Gospel.

OMG you are seriously thinking about canceling because of a thread? It's called common sense. You have a better chance of dying in a car accident than anything happening to you on a cruise ship as long as you use half your brain.

Since you have been on 25 cruises, didn't you happen to see the little turn knob thing on the door and wonder what it's for? That's the deadbolt. Same as in a hotel.

Please don't get all paranoid and stay home. I'm going on my first solo cruise in May and would NEVER be petrified of the "what if's". Especially based on some things that are said on a forum. Some people give this place too much credit. Like the ones that say the food is horrible, the ship is in such disrepair that they are amazed at how it's still floating, etc. It's a good place to get info from, but don't treat it like it's Gospel.

100% agree. Besides, I would like to hear more about this "recent" attacks. That drunk girl video has been around for more than 10 months. It happen last year before April.

Search is down, but I remember that. I can only find the tail end from another angle:

Yes, there is another that shows the beginning but I don't know where it is either.

Too bad security didn't step in earlier.

The girl was certainly drunk but not a real threat to anyone. :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~

I think that the drunk girl in the video certainly was dangerous. She jumped on the unsuspecting security man and was pulling on him in the water and looked like she was trying to dunk him, hold onto him, whatever.

That kind of behavior could lead to injury of either party. What if she had landed on someone in the pool? Happened to me on an excursion and I was lucky I wasn't put in the hospital for a concussion. DH is a doctor and cared for me...but good grief.

In addition, if it had been the drunk girl hurt, you can bet your bottom dollar she would be suing CCL. Letting her get so drunk.....forcibly removing her....whatever. I hope she ended up in the brig.

Lock your doors, use precautions, enjoy your cruise!

Please enlighten us about all the attacks on Carnival.;) By the way, it was a Hal ship and they don't even party.

That video was on a HAL ship!?:eek: Yikes! I guess it's not just a Carnival thing, then. The drunken idiots are everywhere.:eek::rolleyes::p

That video was on a HAL ship!?:eek: Yikes! I guess it's not just a Carnival thing, then. The drunken idiots are everywhere.:eek::rolleyes::p

No, not HAL! It was on a Carnival Cruise. It may have been posted someplace on the HAL Forum ... but it happened on a Carnival Cruise.

LuLu

~~~

The recent attack was on a HAL ship, the video was from a very past carnival ship.

I was solo in my own cabin this past November and never felt I had any issues. I travel alot for work so have the common sense to lock the door, after I check the room upon entering. If for any reason you don't feel safe the last thing I would have done is waited until after I got home to ask if it was normal. I would have called the front desk right away if I thought there was anything that was off.

I've never felt unsafe in 19 cruises but have been creeped out a few times seeing crew members ogle my daughter. I always worried about her walking back to the stateroom at night from the teen club. That drunk girl makes me think cheers is not such a good idea. If you are paying per drink I would think you'd stop sooner. With cheers you want your money's worth. A lot of people are not used to drinking that much. Drunks are annoying but can also be downright dangerous to themselves and others. Most overboards and other incidents have alcohol involved.

No, not HAL! It was on a Carnival Cruise. It may have been posted someplace on the HAL Forum ... but it happened on a Carnival Cruise.

LuLu

~~~

The recent attack was on a HAL ship, the video was from a very past carnival ship.

I was solo in my own cabin this past November and never felt I had any issues. I travel alot for work so have the common sense to lock the door, after I check the room upon entering. If for any reason you don't feel safe the last thing I would have done is waited until after I got home to ask if it was normal. I would have called the front desk right away if I thought there was anything that was off.

Oh, OK, thanks. I thought Ruthless was referring to the video, saying that it happened on a HAL ship, because Lace's post that Ruthless quoted was referring to the video. Now I'm confusing myself again.:p

I've never felt unsafe in 19 cruises but have been creeped out a few times seeing crew members ogle my daughter. I always worried about her walking back to the stateroom at night from the teen club. That drunk girl makes me think cheers is not such a good idea. If you are paying per drink I would think you'd stop sooner. With cheers you want your money's worth. A lot of people are not used to drinking that much. Drunks are annoying but can also be downright dangerous to themselves and others. Most overboards and other incidents have alcohol involved.

I disagree to some extent. Although everyone's drunkeness threshold is different, the cheers program shuts you off at 15 drinks for the day and you cant even charge extras to your account once you hit 15. Without cheers, you can drink all you want.

On sea days Ive seen a number of ticked off people who appear sober but have been shut off because they hit their 15 drink limit rather early in the evening.

Oh, OK, thanks. I thought Ruthless was referring to the video, saying that it happened on a HAL ship, because Lace's post that Ruthless quoted was referring to the video. Now I'm confusing myself again.:p

Lace talked about not going on Carnival due to recent events. The most recent posted event dealing with violence was not on Carnival. That's what I was tying it to, sorry for some confusion. I saw no reason to avoid Carnival because of an old video of a drunk female.

I saw this on the Events at Sea, where is this story being discussed:

February 24 Carnival Miracle

Carnival Cruise Lines Cruise Law News, quoting Cruise Critic, reports that a passenger apparently went over her balcony railing on the Carnival Miracle during the most recent (February 15 - 22) cruise. A poster left a message that the cruise ship turned around to begin a search for the passenger. However, it was announced that the passenger was recovered on board. She was taken to the infirmary. One passenger suggested that "the person was pushed off the balcony and the people responsible were turned over to the authorities in Cabo." Other people posting on the message board indicate that the passenger may have fallen from deck 6 to deck 4 and struck a lifeboat.

Yes, there is another that shows the beginning but I don't know where it is either.

Too bad security didn't step in earlier.

The girl was certainly drunk but not a real threat to anyone. :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~

She certainly was to the man she was originally fighting with. I can't find the original video that was taken up on the tub flooring. The fact that this went on so long is what disturbed me. She should have been removed 10 minutes earlier.