Daytime get togther, venues on Indy

TigerLady

I am cruising on the Independence of the Seas in December. Our group is trying to put together our own "meet and Mingle" since one isn't put on for a six day cruise. Does ANYONE know of a venue that is open during the day, which could accommodate approx 50+ people, or anyone done this before? Help is greatly appreciated. I know someone out there has an answer..:)

I was going to suggest Viking Crown until I saw the "50+", it's plenty big enough but the problem is all the other passengers lol. The Pyramid Lounge may be better as people only tend to go in there if something is scheduled, you'll just need to check on the Cruise Compass - though generally the first thing is usually Bingo at around 11ish (I think) so if you arrange to meet earlier you should be ok. Alternately you could contact Crown and Anchor and ask if they can put you in contact with somebody on the ship.

Good Luck

Gill

will do, and please keep the answers coming!!

Do you want a place with a bar that is open? That makes a difference.

Also, in terms of numbers, when 50 sign up for a "real" meet 'n' mingle, they don't all show up. :)

Sphinx Lounge (deck 5)

Viking Crown Lounge (deck 14)

Seven Hearts/Cloud Nine (deck 14)

Plaza Bar in Windjammer (deck 11)

On Air (deck 3)

Boleros (deck 4)

"Business Center", formerly the Crown & Anchor Lounge/Loyalty Ambassador's area (deck 6)

Do you want a place with a bar that is open? That makes a difference.

Also, in terms of numbers, when 50 sign up for a "real" meet 'n' mingle, they don't all show up. :)

Sphinx Lounge (deck 5)

Viking Crown Lounge (deck 14)

Seven Hearts/Cloud Nine (deck 14)

Plaza Bar in Windjammer (deck 11)

On Air (deck 3)

Boleros (deck 4)

"Business Center", formerly the Crown & Anchor Lounge/Loyalty Ambassador's area (deck 6)

Just the person I was hoping to respond, Merion Mom.. I am "guessing" with the number 50. we currently have 36 committed, but I figure there will be more. To me, a bar isn't a must. If you need a drink, bring it with you. Mainly want a location that would fit enough people, and maybe do a gift exchange or chat.

I have all those locations, but I am unsure how to "book" it for an event. Thanks for your help, and any further help I receive..