MSC Divina Tipping policy

SammySH

That's great news, unlike RCCL that charge more if you are in a concierge suite, I think it's a few dollars more, I'll let you know when I get back from my cruise leaving 3/29/14

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sailed Divina last Dec. and will be back on board this Saturday and the charge in Dec. was $12pp/pd. Have a great cruise. We will be getting off on the 29th.

You have a great cruise as well, so how do you like the Yacht Club? I have a balcony and plan to upgrade to a suite in the YC when the price drops.

I've been reading mixed reviews about the cruise line. Most of the negative comments are directed about the food and the lack of choices, unlike most people, my wife and I are not the type that pig-out and fill our plates to overflow mode, we kinda only take what we can eat

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

I am entering an age old argument here, for the heck of it.... but has no one made the connection between underpaying workers in the first place and crappy service? Isn't it MSC's job to pay their employees enough to survive? Isn't it my job to tip generously for good service? Can't you have a tip pool so that the unseen workers share in the tips? Why is it my responsibility that they "survive"? This is how it works at every restaurant or service oriented place I've ever worked... this motivates everyone to give good service because it makes a difference to their end take home, but everyone makes a decent wage... my two cents worth is that MSC should charge enough for the cruise in the first place to pay everyone appropriately and then tips should be an individual decision. Sure, there's room for dishonesty (employees pocketing tips instead of sharing) but that becomes sooo obvious with time, when some people turn in low amount of tips - oh, wait a moment, that's how you spot the people giving crappy service and address it if they're not lying about their tips. All the complaints about MSC recently are related to service... I think this system might have something to do with it.

Oh, and by the way... how about when MSC changes your cruise dates and refuses to reimburse you for cancelled and changed travel plans? That's what led me to consider this issue - should I punish innocent onboard employees because the cruise line was so awful at this? No.... Did I consider it briefly... oh yes.... their service before sail has been atrocious... perhaps this is why we ask these questions about considering it!!!

Edited by ladysnooty