Free room letter

KORTAM

We received a letter today for a free room from carnival on certain dates and certain ships. WHATS THE CATCH!!

Consider yourself very lucky. I can only wish I received a letter along with many others of us as well. I will be taking my 11th cruise on Carnival next month. There seems to be no rhyme or reason who receives these but it does seem like the very loyal customers don't. :confused:

Yep, it's real. You just have to pay taxes. You can even upgrade to a better room for a small amount more money or add a third passenger, also for a small amount more. Me, my husband and daughter will be sharing a balcony cabin on the Valor 7 day Southern route for $750 on Easter week. (Taxes were around $70 for my husband and me; room upgrade was another $70 for each of us and we added my daughter for another $450 or so.)

Here's a recent thread about it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1990132

No catch, as stated. Just have to pay the taxes and fees. From what I have seen most of the rooms in the offers are for IS, and an upgrade to an OCV or BL is anywhere from $20-$80.00 per person, but its still worth it, considering the overall cost with or without the upgrade will be between $242.00-$475.00 for everything.

Another round going out? Crossing finger...

Those who got it... Please go on carnivals site, log in and see if the deal shows there. If it does your golden.. If the letter says call a certain number dont. Call carnival direct from their 800 number on their site

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Well we are all aware of the fake free cruise letters going around. Perhaps your friend saltz got a fake one. Since everyone else says they logged into their account and saw it. I doubt hers was real if she's never cruised and doesn't have a carnival account

My BF got the letter the week of Feb 10th while I was on the Dream. He threw it out then I grabbed it out of the recycle. He has been on only 2 cruises while I've been on many more.

Now we are set for an 8 day exotic eastern on the Freedom on 4/5/14. Cost us $160 to upgrade to balcony. With the $160 upgrade fee and taxes/port charges and gratuities, it comes to about $564. Luckily we can drive to Port Everglades, so no airfare is involved.

My BF got the letter the week of Feb 10th while I was on the Dream. He threw it out then I grabbed it out of the recycle. He has been on only 2 cruises while I've been on many more.

Now we are set for an 8 day exotic eastern on the Freedom on 4/5/14. Cost us $160 to upgrade to balcony. With the $160 upgrade fee and taxes/port charges and gratuities, it comes to about $564. Luckily we can drive to Port Everglades, so no airfare is involved.

Lucky you!! :D

Please come check out our roll call!

Leets

Well we are all aware of the fake free cruise letters going around. Perhaps your friend saltz got a fake one. Since everyone else says they logged into their account and saw it. I doubt hers was real if she's never cruised and doesn't have a carnival account

So what's the difference between the 'fake' letter and real letter? Do they come via snail mail or email? Wondering how one would know???

So what's the difference between the 'fake' letter and real letter? Do they come via snail mail or email? Wondering how one would know???

All I can say is, I have 15 cruises on Carnival and 2 booked for this year which means I like to cruise. But, I am not feeling the need to remain loyal anymore. They have sold off some of the benefits I earned -FTTF- and are instituting changes that I am not sure will enhance my cruising experience. It is a good time to let the other main stream cruise lines "WOO ME BACK" !!!!!!

I assume you mean 'my offers' under your VIFP account? (sorry to say nada for me - okay a 2 category past guest upgrade offer which I assume is 'standard' but that's it!)....oh well - I am happy for those that did get it and can take advantage of the offer!

All I can say is, I have 15 cruises on Carnival and 2 booked for this year which means I like to cruise. But, I am not feeling the need to remain loyal anymore. They have sold off some of the benefits I earned -FTTF- and are instituting changes that I am not sure will enhance my cruising experience. It is a good time to let the other main stream cruise lines "WOO ME BACK" !!!!!!

I agree 100%. A company needs to keep their loyal customers happy too.. The FTTF I think insults those of us who have earned Platinum but on other threads people who voice that opinion have been 'flamed'. I think searate benefits should remain completely separate. My two cents.

Booked a 5 day cruise as all the 7 days where full for the times we could cruise. 5 days are better than non. Had to pay for upgrade to balcony and 3rd person and port fees. Still a great deal. They said this offer has been going on since February 1st. We just got letter yesterday.