Reflection Room #6229

ARIES59

Hello there,

This is our first cruise and we are very excited. Boarding Reflection on June 13 for East Mediterranean cruise and are booked into room#6229. Has anyone stayed in thus room before?

Haven't purchased any drink or speciality dining pkgs as yet. Will wait till on board and will use OBC. So which are the dining areas that come with the cruise with no xtra chg. MDR, Oceanview Cafe, Mast Grill, Blu anywhere else?

Thanks in advance.

Hello there,

This is our first cruise and we are very excited. Boarding Reflection on June 13 for East Mediterranean cruise and are booked into room#6229. Has anyone stayed in thus room before?

Haven't purchased any drink or speciality dining pkgs as yet. Will wait till on board and will use OBC. So which are the dining areas that come with the cruise with no xtra chg. MDR, Oceanview Cafe, Mast Grill, Blu anywhere else?

Thanks in advance.

You actually won't be able to dine in BLU unless you are in an aqua class cabin and 6229 does not appear to be. The aqua spa cafe, however is available to you in the solarium.

I normally don't eat hamburgers and such, but LOVE the ones at the mast grill, be sure to try it.

I highly recommend you get the drink package asap! They have the 123 GO promotions going on now which one of the three offers is a free classic package. I would call to secure this asap! Its free and well worth it if you are drinking more than $40 dollars worth of any type of beverage a day. It also includes the specialty coffees and water like Perrier. The only free dinning is the buffet area which i was never impressed with. You are better off going to the Main dining room for breakfast as well as dinner. The MDR never has let me down yet and I am always blown away by the quality, detail, and service. For lunch try the porch its outside on the top deck by the lawn club and is only a 5 dollar extra fee per person per day and is well worth it. Other than the buffet and MDR you have to pay and up charge and the coffee shop areas you just pay for the drink or food item individually. Like i said get on the 123 go promotion offer to make sure you can secure a free beverage package. Like the post before me says BLU is only available to aqua class guests and cant even be accessed with a upgrade charge. This can be an issue when traveling with others that arent in aqua class and you are. I also recommend in the future springing for aqua class due to the fact not only do you have free spa access, access to BLU, spa products in the room, as well as other room amenities, but priority boarding lines to by pass alot of the other passengers. Its worth the upgrade charge. I am going next week on the reflection for another cruise and cant wait. You will love this ship it is AMAZING!

I highly recommend you get the drink package asap! They have the 123 GO promotions going on now which one of the three offers is a free classic package. I would call to secure this asap! Its free and well worth it if you are drinking more than $40 dollars worth of any type of beverage a day. It also includes the specialty coffees and water like Perrier. The only free dinning is the buffet area which i was never impressed with. You are better off going to the Main dining room for breakfast as well as dinner. The MDR never has let me down yet and I am always blown away by the quality, detail, and service. For lunch try the porch its outside on the top deck by the lawn club and is only a 5 dollar extra fee per person per day and is well worth it. Other than the buffet and MDR you have to pay and up charge and the coffee shop areas you just pay for the drink or food item individually. Like i said get on the 123 go promotion offer to make sure you can secure a free beverage package. Like the post before me says BLU is only available to aqua class guests and cant even be accessed with a upgrade charge. This can be an issue when traveling with others that arent in aqua class and you are. I also recommend in the future springing for aqua class due to the fact not only do you have free spa access, access to BLU, spa products in the room, as well as other room amenities, but priority boarding lines to by pass alot of the other passengers. Its worth the upgrade charge. I am going next week on the reflection for another cruise and cant wait. You will love this ship it is AMAZING!

Many thanks for the tip barney 6895. I will find out if I can get this, only snag may be is that I have paid for my cruise in full.

Many thanks for the tip barney 6895. I will find out if I can get this, only snag may be is that I have paid for my cruise in full.

I was able to add the prior beverage promotion and my trip was paid in full! Good luck!! I had to pay a bit extra but it wasn't enough not to do it because of the value of beverage package.

On Reflection 2/15-22.....inlaws in 6228, we were in 6217 both rooms on the hump, important on deck 6...... No lifeboats underneath balcony! I'll post pics in few days!

You'll love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, getting very excited.

We are in 6225 right down the hall !

Cant wait for the trip this will be our first with X.. I have been reading up everyday hope Im not over planning!

That's great, look forward to meeting you at the sail away party.

• 11 months later...

Hello there,

Our room was perfect, we loved it. We were on the correct side every day when we entered all of the ports. Room is very close to lifts. Was plenty big enough for us with heaps of storage space in closet, no need for storage boxes. Suitcases fit under the bed. Used the drawers for all our smaller items. Used the safe for our valuables every day. Room steward was amazing, room was always clean & immaculate. Being mid ship there was no motion at all, we were a bit concerned about motion sickness as this was our first cruise. But was perfect. I'm sure you will be very happy in this room.

Thanks so much for the info on #6229! We booked this cruise and room onboard RCCL Allure last spring for the portside view that you mentioned. Seems we will be glad we did. You picked a very nice cruise for your first one. Glad you enjoyed it!

Have you looked at the Spreadsheet for S class cabins.

Here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AtHczoNeooladEEyVmQwWmJhaGItbFZPUFNudTFZcEE&pli=1

Even if your cabin number for Reflection isn't reviewed, other similar S class cabins may be.

Edited by upwarduk