Third cruise terminal in Galveston

Galveston Cruiser

I guess that is the build it and they will come scenario...at this point there is already room for some Saturday departures without a new terminal...and terminal 2 is available for M-Sa departure every week right now. A third terminal would be nice...just hope they also are talking to possible tenants but can't publicly state such at this time.

Will be interesting in a few weeks to see Bayport, but honestly for 15 more minutes on the road (maybe more if my trip to Bayport is shorter than mapquest shows, in time) I'd rather see Galveston sailing and returning...so maybe if Princess sticks around the region for a while, they will decide after the contract in Bayport is up to go back to Galveston.

I guess that is the build it and they will come scenario...at this point there is already room for some Saturday departures without a new terminal...and terminal 2 is available for M-Sa departure every week right now. A third terminal would be nice...just hope they also are talking to possible tenants but can't publicly state such at this time.

Will be interesting in a few weeks to see Bayport, but honestly for 15 more minutes on the road (maybe more if my trip to Bayport is shorter than mapquest shows, in time) I'd rather see Galveston sailing and returning...so maybe if Princess sticks around the region for a while, they will decide after the contract in Bayport is up to go back to Galveston.

I would not believe the port is spending money on the come for a third terminal without some serious talks in progress.

Was it you or some one else that mentioned a possible second RCCL ship because of RCCL committed # of departures in recent contract .

And I actually heard in Galveston from inside a rumor of a third Carnival ship! Obviously then there are the other possible cruise lines.

Incidentally this duplicate thread was moved to Gulf Coast Departures from RCCL forum by moderator.

It wasn't meant to hijack my wife's duplicate thread here.

Edited by ssb

tried to reply earlier, but apparently the signal for Verizon was not strong enough in the medical facility. Oh well...I listened to music while waiting on DD to get her test.

Back on topic...hope we will see Celebrity come to town for an extended seasonal or even full time stay. Perhaps long term Princess will stay on a year round Caribbean sailing basis as well.

Would be a bit surprised to see a third Carnival ship here, but it's possible...probably doing 4/5 day sailings.

I just figure that Celebrity and even an extra RCCL ship would somehow be worked into the terminal they use now as would CCL. To that end it will be interesting to see what plays out on a third terminal and possibly more lines from here. Maybe Costsa or MSC?

tried to reply earlier, but apparently the signal for Verizon was not strong enough in the medical facility. Oh well...I listened to music while waiting on DD to get her test.

Back on topic...hope we will see Celebrity come to town for an extended seasonal or even full time stay. Perhaps long term Princess will stay on a year round Caribbean sailing basis as well.

Would be a bit surprised to see a third Carnival ship here, but it's possible...probably doing 4/5 day sailings.

I just figure that Celebrity and even an extra RCCL ship would somehow be worked into the terminal they use now as would CCL. To that end it will be interesting to see what plays out on a third terminal and possibly more lines from here. Maybe Costsa or MSC?

Yes this all very interesting.

I'm keeping my ear to the ground

And at times doing my research .

Hope things are well with your DD.