Central Park 150

pinkroses

Try the search option and you should find many threads about it.

We tried it on Oasis the second half of the week. It is a tasting menu meaning the menu is set and they bring out many courses in small amounts. If changes half way thru the week. I have no idea what all we ate although I remember the main course was venison. We tried many new tastes and flavors and we thought everything was superb. ( I will not eat venison normally because it always tastes gamey but not this). It was quiet, romantic and a great way to celebrate the DH birthday. I might not do it every cruise but for a special occasion it was great. We did not get the wine pairings.

I have eaten in 150 six times on the Allure and 4 times on Oasis.

Obviously I enjoy it but I would not say it is for everyone. If you are of the 'I can't eat seafood' type or concerned about not having multiple choices for each course then I would say 'stay away'.

That being said I have enjoyed almost every dish I have had on both ships. I can and will eat almost anything though.

The thing to know about 150 Central Park is that you do not get to choose your food. You get what they are serving. Everyone eats the same thing.

They ask if you have any allergies. Beyond that, then tell you "there are no substitutions". Also the food was too spicy for me, I can take some "heat" but not much. I could not eat a few of the courses. Also the foods include unusual ingredients, you definitely have to be willing to try new things. The portions are small, but there were several courses. I won't go again, but my son and daughter in law were quite pleased,

That would be great if the search option here actually worked. :(

In the meantime, you can try a google search for "Central Park 150 Allure" and at the end of your search add: site:cruisecritic.com

Here's a recent review from September 2013 with quite a bit of info in it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1908540

The search option doesn't work and hasn't done for a while :(

We want to try this on Allure next week. Have seen a current review on Oasis where they say the menu changes midway through the week. Is this the same with Allure and would the menus be the same as Oasis i.e. same menu at the start and same at the end?

Also, I love tasting menus and we often have this type of menu. I am assuming that, unlike Chef's Table, we won't have to be seated and served at the same time as everyone else.

Thanks

Edited by Bobal

The search option doesn't work and hasn't done for a while :(

We want to try this on Allure next week. Have seen a current review on Oasis where they say the menu changes midway through the week. Is this the same with Allure and would the menus be the same as Oasis i.e. same menu at the start and same at the end?

Also, I love tasting menus and we often have this type of menu. I am assuming that, unlike Chef's Table, we won't have to be seated and served at the same time as everyone else.

Thanks

Hi Bobal,

Thanks for mentioning my review. No fixed dining times at 150. Just choose what time you like unless they are booked already. I think booking times can be on the hour or half hour.

Regards

megacruiser

The search box at the top of the page that says "Search Cruise Critic" works just fine. It's pretty much the same as doing a site-specific google search.

It's not available on the app, but it is on the regular site.

Edited by nolesrule

The search box at the top of the page that says "Search Cruise Critic" works just fine. It's pretty much the same as doing a site-specific google search.

It's not available on the app, but it is on the regular site.

What operating system are you using?:confused: It is actually working for you now?

The "Search Cruise Critic" box hasn't appeared for me for several weeks (and many others report this also). I am using a regular computer with MS software and Firefox.

Thom

Edited by TravelerThom