NCL Star ship time/arrival time in Cabo

artist47

Okay, so I still can't find an answer on this even after running a google search. If anyone cruised the Star last year around this time, to Cabo please help me out:

1. Was the ship time changed to Mountain time before arrival?

2. What time did you arrive in Cabo?

3. If you booked an excursion off-ship, did you make it on time?

Thanks for this...my scenario:

I want to take the Pez Gato whale watch on 3/18 - itinerary says that the arrival time in Cabo is 12 noon. The afternoon tour leaves at 1pm . So I'm confused as to whether NCL is saying 12 noon PACIFIC or MOUNTAIN?

You should check with NCL. The one time that we were aboard, the ship did not change to local time.

Another thing that you might consider is that Cabo is a tendered port. That means 2000 passengers are trying to disembark at once, and they must all stand in line to enter a tender (which holds about 50(?) passengers.) Unless you are in suite, or book a ship's excursion (and will be afforded VIP disembarkation), you might find yourself standing in line for an hour, or more.

You should check with NCL. The one time that we were aboard, the ship did not change to local time.

Another thing that you might consider is that Cabo is a tendered port. That means 2000 passengers are trying to disembark at once, and they must all stand in line to enter a tender (which holds about 50(?) passengers.) Unless you are in suite, or book a ship's excursion (and will be afforded VIP disembarkation), you might find yourself standing in line for an hour, or more.

'Thank you ...that was my thinking too. Sounds like I'd better skip it and just book through the ship. Sad, though because I heard so many good things about that operator. Have been to Cabo but never did any excurs.

Thanks!

'Thank you ...that was my thinking too. Sounds like I'd better skip it and just book through the ship. Sad, though because I heard so many good things about that operator. Have been to Cabo but never did any excurs.

Thanks!

I would contact Pez Gato and ask them how their tour would match up with the arrival of the Star.

You can get a low number tender ticket if you go to the ticket distribution point about 30 minutes prior to the posted time. That is better than standing in line later and getting a high number.

You will have lots of company in Cabo on 3/18. Here is the list for that date at Cabo from cruisett. 7439 is the projected number of passengers from the four ships that will be there.

18-Mar-14 7439 Norwegian Star, Carnival Miracle, Statendam, Veendam

I would contact Pez Gato and ask them how their tour would match up with the arrival of the Star.

You can get a low number tender ticket if you go to the ticket distribution point about 30 minutes prior to the posted time. That is better than standing in line later and getting a high number.

You will have lots of company in Cabo on 3/18. Here is the list for that date at Cabo from cruisett. 7439 is the projected number of passengers from the four ships that will be there.

Was knee deep in the studio and couldn't respond sooner. Yes, thank you.

I agree.

This is the first time in many years where booking off-ship just won't work. I called Pez and the timing is just too close/too fine, with too many variables. The price is fantastic for their tour, ($40 for adults plus a discount, saving about $35 from onboard booking. their price includes a nice hefty snack and open bar, not that I care to drink much when I am on tour and in port. But it gives you the "math" for their price.) ...I have heard many great things about them and will just have to go with them another time. It just doesn't work to my "comfort level".

I am not one to use the water taxi's to chase the whales, so my only other option is to book through the ship. There is one other company that has a later departure, but I'm not sure about them...I'm a stickler for repuatation and have not fully researched them yet. If they don't pan out either, then it's the dreaded "Onboard Excursion Desk".

In any case, thanks for your speedy and informative response. I hope you have a great cruise on the Star.

Best wishes,

artist47

Edited by artist47

hi S.W. we are on star april 13 -20th how about you //?

The whale watching has been spectacular here this year. Many more whales are around than usual. The Carnival Miracle was in the bay Monday. In the afternoon a few whales were putting on a great show approximately 100 to 200 yards off the aft od the ship. They breeched for what seemed like nearly an hour. You're pretty late in March though. Many of the whales are on their way back up to Alaska.

NCL always uses local time whilst in port.

Yes. We were on the Star back to back and we were always on local time. We didn't book whale watching but saw whales in both Puerto Vallarta and Cabo while on other water related excursions. The ship's tours are run by Cabo Adventures and Puerto Vallarta Advertures and were top notch.

OP's arrival time is very different from those on the back to back. We arrived very early on the Miami to LA segment. Our report time for snorkeling was 6:55....just couldn't handle that, so we changed to snorkel by zodiac and that was 8:15. Turned out we snorkeled both Santa Maria and Chineno as well as joining other boats for whale watching and got to see Land's End, sea lion colony, and Lovers Beach, too. On the reverse itinerary we arrived a bit later but still fairly early in the a.m. Spent that day walking the marina area and watching the sea lions jump on the back of the fishing boats coming in.