Oasis 3

We know they have cut the first piece of steel for her, and she will enter service in 2016. After that, its open discussion. I haven't been on an Oasis class yet, but I have read many people think the windjammer is not adequately sized. So maybe RCI is going to fix that. I wouldn't think they are going to do a big redesign, just some small tweaks for Oasis 3 vs Oasis/Allure. Anyone care to speculate on a name? I'm personally liking Vantage of the Seas, but I'm a prairie boy so what do I know about naming ships?

Anyone care to speculate on a name? I'm personally liking Vantage of the Seas, but I'm a prairie boy so what do I know about naming ships?

The trademark applications to Pulse, Passion, and Ovation of the Seas went abandoned on January 13, 2014, and the trademark application for Vantage of the Seas went abandoned on September 9, 2013.

A new trademark application can be filed. Freedom of the Seas first application went abandoned in 2002, but was refiled 2+ years later. However, many of the abandoned application names are never used (e.g., Endeavor, Journey, and Traveller of the Seas).

It seems that Pulse, Passion, Ovation, or Vantage are not going to be the name if the name is selected soon (otherwise they wouldn't have abandoned the applications). However, if the name is selected later they could reapply for any of the abandoned names or come up with new names.

Tonnage shall be around 227.700 BRZ ie slightly bigger than sister ships (225.282 BRZ), as well as she is said to have 64 more passengers (max. 6360) by adding some more cabins being slightly longer in total size...

Most likely I think the rest will be 1:1, except the degree of difference the Oasis and Allure have.

Rest still seems to be speculation.

Anyone care to speculate on a name? I'm personally liking Vantage of the Seas, but I'm a prairie boy so what do I know about naming ships?

The trademark applications to Pulse, Passion, and Ovation of the Seas went abandoned on January 13, 2014, and the trademark application for Vantage of the Seas went abandoned on September 9, 2013.

A new trademark application can be filed. Freedom of the Seas first application went abandoned in 2002, but was refiled 2+ years later. However, many of the abandoned application names are never used (e.g., Endeavor, Journey, and Traveller of the Seas).

It seems that Pulse, Passion, Ovation, or Vantage are not going to be the name if the name is selected soon (otherwise they wouldn't have abandoned the applications). However, if the name is selected later they could reapply for any of the abandoned names or come up with new names.

To throw another name in there, I don't know if RCI has ever trademarked it, but at the time STX Turku was still trying to land the contract to build her, the Finnish newspapers were referring to her as "Sanctuary."

Tonnage shall be around 227.700 BRZ ie slightly bigger than sister ships (225.282 BRZ), as well as she is said to have 64 more passengers (max. 6360) by adding some more cabins being slightly longer in total size...

Most likely I think the rest will be 1:1, except the degree of difference the Oasis and Allure have.

Rest still seems to be speculation.

For those reasons I speculate that the "secret public balconies" aft on 11, 12, 14 will disappear and become balconies for large suites.