Carnival Check-in at Miami AIRPORT

Sue Do-Over

It is on the bottom level in the baggage claim area. We flew in the day before and it wasn't open but it looks like this

20131025_122748-M.jpg

I found it on the baggage claim map (just how large does an airport have to be to have a map of just the baggage claim area?) This map shows that there are two of them, one in D and another in H. The one in D is between about 26 and 27 beside the door to the taxi area. American and American Eagle are in D, Delta, US Airways and United are in H and J.

mia%20map%20carnival-M.jpg

Wait, so does this mean CCL, RCI, NCL and HAL all have check-in desks at Miami Airport?

So is this only available to passengers arriving on flights the day of the cruise?

We are driving in from Ft. Myers and will be turning our rental car in at the Miami airport. It would be nice to get checked in while we are there, before we take the shuttle to the port.

Wait, so does this mean CCL, RCI, NCL and HAL all have check-in desks at Miami Airport?

I think that they do, its just that I've never sailed another line and so I didn't pay attention. But it makes sense, as at least three of those lines have mega cruise ships with the majority of their pax funneling through MIA.

Can you check in the day before your cruise?

You cannot. It's only for the day your are sailing. Basically for people who fly in the day of their cruise. Or if for some reason your at the airport the day of your cruise.

Edited by Georgie562

So is this only available to passengers arriving on flights the day of the cruise?

We are driving in from Ft. Myers and will be turning our rental car in at the Miami airport. It would be nice to get checked in while we are there, before we take the shuttle to the port.

Not necessarily. As long as your cruise is on the same day it should be fine. The Carnival airport employees don't ask for proof that your flight arrived that day.

I used the Carnival airport check in on my last cruise, our flight arrived the day before we stayed at the hotel inside the airport and in the morning we just went down to the terminal checked in and then boarded the shuttle bus to the port. all very easy and stress free!!

Do you have to be taking the Carnival Shuttle to the port or are you free to take a cab. Thanks

You are free to take a cab to the port and I suggest you go that route because if you opt for the Carnival shuttle, you might be waiting there for hours for the shuttle to fill up with other people before it takes off to the port.

I have never heard about this check in at Miami airport. So while you are waiting for your luggage you can actually go get checked in for your cruise? We might have to check this out depending on our flight itinerary and amount of time we will have to wait for a shuttle or taxi.

I have never heard about this check in at Miami airport. So while you are waiting for your luggage you can actually go get checked in for your cruise? We might have to check this out depending on our flight itinerary and amount of time we will have to wait for a shuttle or taxi.

Klaner if you're taking the carnival shuttle there will be someone waiting at baggage claim & they'll take everyone to the airport check-in counter.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

For those staying the night before. Get a hotel with free airport shuttles. shuttle to the airport, check in and hop a 12.00 cab to the port. You save on the cab since you're already right at the port compared to hotel to port

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

For those staying the night before. Get a hotel with free airport shuttles. shuttle to the airport, check in and hop a 12.00 cab to the port. You save on the cab since you're already right at the port compared to hotel to port

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Cab fare from airport to the port and vice versa is a set rate of $24 not $12

• 1 month later...

So how do you notify Carnival that you will be checking in at airport....2 calls to Carnival and both were not aware of kiosk....they researched and found "Airport Express", etc.

Do I need to do any advance planning with Carnival for the kiosk check-in or just arrive at airport?

Thank you