Carnival Check-in at Miami AIRPORT

Sue Do-Over

Have heard that Carnival operates a check-in counter at the Miami Airport, where pax check in, get their photos and stateroom keys before boarding the bus or taxi to the port. Shipside, they go through security and have their IDs checked, then directly onboard... no waiting in the long queue there.

We potentially have a late arrival -- our flight lands at 2:25, unless we can get standby on an earlier connection out of Atlanta (there are 3 earlier options that all still have plenty of seats 75 days out).

The airport map doesn't show a kiosk... and the Carnival website forum last mentions the counter more than a year ago.

Anyone know for sure?

Have heard that Carnival operates a check-in counter at the Miami Airport, where pax check in, get their photos and stateroom keys before boarding the bus or taxi to the port. Shipside, they go through security and have their IDs checked, then directly onboard... no waiting in the long queue there.

We potentially have a late arrival -- our flight lands at 2:25, unless we can get standby on an earlier connection out of Atlanta (there are 3 earlier options that all still have plenty of seats 75 days out).

The airport map doesn't show a kiosk... and the Carnival website forum last mentions the counter more than a year ago.

Anyone know for sure?

For sure, they are there. :D

We saw the Carnival kiosks at MIA on Feb. 2. I was so jealous! I wanted to go on a cruise so badly. (We were flying home :( from our nephew's wedding in Miami. )

It was in the baggage claim area. We used it and it was great but our flight landed a little after 8 am. I am very concerned about your flight landing time, especially with you having a connecting flight. I am not sure that the kiosk is still open at that time.

It was in the baggage claim area. We used it and it was great but our flight landed a little after 8 am. I am very concerned about your flight landing time, especially with you having a connecting flight. I am not sure that the kiosk is still open at that time.

We are flying into MIA about 11AM that morning but our cruise is out of FLL on Carnival Freedom. Will we be able to use the kiosk to check in ?

The check in counter is opene during the morning...sorry i cannot recall the times.

There is a number you can call if you are running late for carnival. If you are cutting the time that close, I'd certainly contact CCL and let them know or try to get an earlier flight. If the flight is delayed the ship will sadly go with out you and you'll spend more catching up to the ship or flight home, or hotel stay until your return trip.

I have flown in the day of the cruise before a couple of times. I prefer not to do this but sometimes there are no other options to it so I understand.

The good news is the port is close to the airport and cabs are right outside baggage claim. hopefully you sit up in front of the airplane so you can get off quicker. Every minute helps.

Anyone know for sure?

There is a check-in counter in the MIA airport. It saved us a lot of time. Once we got to the port all we had to do was go thru security & straight onboard.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Anyone know for sure?

OP, if you land at 230 you will not be able to use that option. On the other hand, if you do make it, you will not have to stand in any lines at the port.

Also, if there is one glitch, you will probably not be making the ship at all. I hope you have a backup plan because I fly a lot, and there have been few times something didn't happen along the way.

Recently in atlanta, my plane was way over booked. They kept asking for volunteers. When the offer got the highest I had ever heard plus $100 cash, I took it. Since I was going to have 2 hours to wait, I decided to go have a nice meal. As I was leaving, the plane I was supposed to be on was loading. When I got back, the same people I had been waiting with were still there. I asked the mother and daughter I had been chatting with earilier what happened and the plane was broken and they were waiting for a new one to get there. I actually was boarding the second plane just as the other plane was coming in. In other words, you really need a back up plan because I don't think planes fly out of atlanta less than full. I have certainly never been on one.

My curosity has gotten the best of me. How do they work it with the S&S cards? How do they know who will be checking in at the airport and who will be checking in at the pier? I would hate to go to the pier to check in only to find that my S&S cards were at the airport or vice versa.

My curosity has gotten the best of me. How do they work it with the S&S cards? How do they know who will be checking in at the airport and who will be checking in at the pier? I would hate to go to the pier to check in only to find that my S&S cards were at the airport or vice versa.

If you choose to check in at the airport, your S&S will be printed then and there. My husband flew in the day of the cruise to meet us and the Carnival rep asked him if he wanted to check in at the airport, he said yes and they printed his card and checked him in in matter of minutes.

Used this service twice.

The check in counter opens at 8am and shuts down at 2pm.

Your S&S card is instantly printed there and also your photo is taken there.

They hand you a card that says airport check in which will tell the employees at the pier that you have already checked in at the airport.

I agree with you that is cutting it close, they probably will not get their luggage until 2:40 or later and POM is about 15 minutes or so from MIA with a correcting flight everything has be on schedule and it still will be tight. I wish them luck!!!!!

Edited by Shipbound

It is on the bottom level in the baggage claim area. We flew in the day before and it wasn't open but it looks like this

20131025_122748-M.jpg

I found it on the baggage claim map (just how large does an airport have to be to have a map of just the baggage claim area?) This map shows that there are two of them, one in D and another in H. The one in D is between about 26 and 27 beside the door to the taxi area. American and American Eagle are in D, Delta, US Airways and United are in H and J.

mia%20map%20carnival-M.jpg

WHAAAT?! I've never heard of this before! We're flying in the day of, but we should be getting in around 10:30, so I'm not worried about time, but the faster I can get on the ship and start my vacation, the better. We have purchased FTTF, though. So would this actually save us any time once we get to the port?

WHAAAT?! I've never heard of this before! We're flying in the day of, but we should be getting in around 10:30, so I'm not worried about time, but the faster I can get on the ship and start my vacation, the better. We have purchased FTTF, though. So would this actually save us any time once we get to the port?

Sassy I think it will. When I checked in at MIA it took about 5minutes. Since you have FFTF once you get to the port you'll get priority going thru security. So I think you'll shave off quite a bit of time checkiing in at the airport:)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

sassy i think it will. When i checked in at mia it took about 5minutes. Since you have fftf once you get to the port you'll get priority going thru security. So i think you'll shave off quite a bit of time checkiing in at the airport:)

sent from my sch-i535 using forums mobile app

made my night! Wahoo!!! Hahaha:d

VAMartha, thank you for the descriptions and photos. Also to the person who knew the operating hours.

Four mobile adults, packing light - carry-ons only. Our flight is a smaller plane and we're near the front. There are at least 3 connections out of Atlanta that we can make (we arrive from Dayton at 8:30am), and all have lots of seats still available.

We plan to ask for earlier connections while we're still in Dayton. The gate agents have a lot of flexibility, and if you're nice, can often work miracles. We frequently play the bump game, and have sometimes gotten to our destination earlier by taking an alternate flight (and got flight credits, too!)

Optimists, we are!