Questions about C&A/credit card, when sailing on Celebrity

ckfred

I've got a couple of questions about being a Crown & Anchor member and sailing on Celebrity.

First, do you accrue C&A points on Celebrity the way you accrue points on RC, i.e., a point for every night?

Second, can you use points earned with the RC/Bank of America credit card on Celebrity cruises?

I've got a couple of questions about being a Crown & Anchor member and sailing on Celebrity.

First, do you accrue C&A points on Celebrity the way you accrue points on RC, i.e., a point for every night?

Second, can you use points earned with the RC/Bank of America credit card on Celebrity cruises?

Celebrity just changed the way they accrue points, and it's now each stateroom category accrues a different amount of points per night. The more expensive staterooms accrue more points per night. Those points accrue only on Celebrity and don't affect your point total on Royal.

You can now redeem your RCI Visa rewards for Celebrity cruises.

Edited by clarea

Celebrity just changed the way they accrue points, and it's now each stateroom category accrues a different amount of points per night. The more expensive staterooms accrue more points per night. Those points accrue only on Celebrity and don't affect your point total on Royal.

Now, that's an issue. If you sail on Celebrity, because RC doesn't offer a similar cruise, then it doesn't do anything for for trying to get a higher status with C&A.

You would think Royal Caribbean would copy what the airlines do, such as flying American and accumlating miles with AAdvantage or the British Airways F/F program.

Now, that's an issue. If you sail on Celebrity, because RC doesn't offer a similar cruise, then it doesn't do anything for for trying to get a higher status with C&A.

You would think Royal Caribbean would copy what the airlines do, such as flying American and accumlating miles with AAdvantage or the British Airways F/F program.

Royal and Celebrity do have reciprocal recognition of loyalty levels, but no direct point transfers. For example, if you are Diamond on Royal, then you are Elite on Celebrity, and vice-versa.