Crown Princess rumor.

generichandle

They have time to clean the ship thoroughly before your cruise. The most thorough cleaning will be at the end of this cruise. We were delayed a few years ago because of a norovirus outbreak on the cruise preceding ours. Princess set up in the Fort Lauderdale convention center across from the terminals to hold the embarking passengers. We used the time to eat lunch and buy wine up 17th Street. They will carefully monitor the passengers on next week's cruise to see if they have contained the virus.

Geoherb;

This 30-day BA - LA cruise is a segment of the 49-day FLL - LA South America circle. A large majority of the folks now on the Crown will be staying when we

board. So any virus 'carriers' will be with us.

I have had noro twice. First time was really bad, but second time I had resistance and was relatively mild, although I still was carrier and had to be quarantined for a few days. I expect if I did get it this time, would be mild, assuming a related strain. But I sure don't want even that. I am bringing all the precautions I can think of.

Thanks for the confirmation. I will be there, but without bells ;).

Doug

These ships all dock at Port Everglades or Miami etc. They need to clean the ports. So many people pass through the same areas. It seems weird that ship after ship have been having the same problems.

Technically, the cruise in question is in South America....

But your point is well taken. :)