Chefs Dinner

fatdolly

If you really hope to have this great dining experience, you need to grab the phone as soon as you arrive in your cabin on embarkation day, and call the "dine line" and ask to have your names put on the list of hopefuls for th Chef's Table.

I have also booked the Chefs table by going directly to the dinning room at 3pm when they are taking dinning changes. Ask the purser what dinning room and what time they are doing this. I have had 100% luck on getting the chefs table by doing it this way. Sometimes the dine line is so busy you can't get through.

We've done it three times. Each time we called the dine line immediately after boarding. We did not make the cut once, and that time we called sooner than some other times. Don't despair if you don't hear right away. On one cruise, we did not get the invitation until the middle of the cruise--and that was an 11-night cruise.

We did this on our January cruise on the Star. It was fantastic. I called the dine line the moment we got in our cabin. The only complaint i have is we heard nothing from the staff until 2 days before the dinner which was near the end of the second week of the cruise. Hopefully you will be lucky enough to participate.

Probably a complete waste for us. I've seen pictures and read threads about this and I don't think either of us could do justice to the amount of food that is served. The experience would be great but there must be a tremendous amount of uneaten food.

We almost always sail in suites, and have never been refused the Chef's Table. Like others, I call the DINE line and put our name in first thing when we board. Later on we are contacted with a time to meet and get all the info on it.

Edited by goodie2shoes

Probably a complete waste for us. I've seen pictures and read threads about this and I don't think either of us could do justice to the amount of food that is served. The experience would be great but there must be a tremendous amount of uneaten food.

You should try it. I'd estimate there's no more wasted food than from a couple of average MDR tables. And less than at Sabatini's before the menu changed.

Definitely not a COMPLETE waste.

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

The chef picks the day, usually a sea day so they have ample time to prepare. On our last cruise (TA on the Ruby), we went straight to the passenger services desk and they called the Dine line for us to set up our request for the Chef's table. We lucked out, Chef Alfredo was onboard and did our Chef's table. :D:D:D

Fabulous does not begin to describe it. Yes, there was a lot of food but it was nicely spaced out and really shouldn't be missed. They were great with my allergy issues (shellfish and mangos), so I got specially served risotto (to avoid the lobster) and the lemon sorbet between courses (everyone else's had mango in the bottom, but not mine thankfully).