$5 BONE ISLAND SHUTTLE-best deal in town

khemp

Many people ask what is the best way to get around Key West. I suggest the BOne Island Shuttle. They are ac'd busses that are $5 and you get a sticker & you can use it all day (on and off, on & off). The shuttle stops right in front of the sponge market & the trolley & conch train stops there too! You can get on the shuttle, and get off & on at the following stops (off of the top of my head): Smathers Beach, Hemingway, Southern most Point, then it goes out near the airport and then comes back in to the half shell raw bar, the docks where the fishing boats come in and then back again...There are other stops along the way, and it runs about every 15 minutes, so you can do the whole town for $5 and get off when you want, get back on when you want. When we stay down there, it is the cheapest, most convenient, and the drivers are awesome! This is also a great idea if you have a handicapped or elderly person with you. If you have anymore questions, feel free to write!!

GRANDEUR OF THE SEAS 7/11/04
WE'RE DOING IT THE GREY WAY!

Don't want to disagree with Khemp, but the only way for the shuttle to be 5 bucks (unless there is some deal out there I don't know about) is to buy a three day pass for 15 bucks and three different people use it..which is allowed...if you are buy a single day pass its seven bucks....still a good deal but not quite as good!

Clay - a key west local

It must have gone up since last year when I was in Key West but, I have to say $7 bucks still isn't a bad deal at all!!

GRANDEUR OF THE SEAS 7/11/04
WE'RE DOING IT THE GREY WAY!

• 2 weeks later...
you can catch the bone island shuttle right in front of the sponge market. When you get off of the ship, walk through the alley and on your right will be the sponge market. Their is a brick roadway and the shuttle will pull up every 15-30 minutes or so to pick people up. The trolleys pull up their too.

• 2 weeks later...
Bad News.....The shuttle just raised their fare....its now 8 bucks a day...you can still get the multi day pass at a discount and more than one person can use it on the same day...so three people can get a three day pass and use it all on one day and save money!

Clay

• 2 weeks later...
Do any of you very wise people out there know if the shuttle gets you anywhere near Sloppy Joe's or Margaritaville?...We are trying to plan our own day in Key West.....Looks like the Bone Island Shuttle may be the most economical!.....Any other "must see" ideas out there?....Thanks....Nightingail.

Archived