Any time vs. Late seat dining

Relaxer123

I haven't ate in traditional dining since 2006 on Princess. My biggest complaint is that with all of the different choices for eating the dining room was empty 1/2 the trip. The only nights we had a full table was on the two formal nights. Now that the ships are even larger and there are even more dining choices such as more specialty restaurants, Select dining, Blu for Aqua guests and the new Suite dining rooms being rolled out I wonder if there will be anyone left in traditional dining. As far as meeting new people I have been more successful with the roll call. We usually find CC members who we hit it off with and make plans from there. Other than having the same wait staff I don't think that the traditional dining experience is the same as it once was.

Put me in the camp that LOVES Select dining. No more being stuck with table mates that aren't a good match, no more marching to a strict schedule, want the same wait staff each night - Yes can be done - want to make a reservation - Yes can be done - want to sit at a large table - Yes - want a table for two - Yes. Could there be a wait - Yes. We never waited longer than 10 minutes one evening - all others it was zero wait. The freedom is wonderful - I could never go back to traditional unless I was traveling with a group.

Does anyone know if we opt for traditional late seating on the Constellation this coming December, will we be able to be assigned to a table for two? Or are tables for two only available for Select (open) seating diners? Thanks!

Yes, there are tables for 2 available for traditional dining, both early and late sittings. Depending upon the number of other passengers requesting tables for 2, you aren't guaranteed that you'll get one, but the sooner you state your preference the better your chances.