I don't understand Your Time Dining

petesweet

I would cancel a cruise if I COULDN'T have any time dining.

I have also noticed everytime I have cruised since any time started the anytime area seems to be getting bigger.

Good time to switch to RCCL! Due to RCI,s introduction of daily Auto tips last year many were very angry and removed them but with MT/YT dinning pre paid is compulsory so RCI combated the Tip removers by making MT/YT dinning always available and traditional always on wait list, totally opposite to the trend:D

Edited by fishtaco

We did it on our last cruise and are doing it again in a few weeks.

I don't really care who my servers are. I just want to eat. We never had any issues with waiting long and honestly it doesn't bother me that much. I think we waited once maybe 15 minutes? That was on the elegant night. All other nights it wasn't that big of a deal. Personally I wasn't super impressed with the food in the main dining room, but the kids had fun. my youngest liked to dance during dinner...

the meal wasn't a make or break part of our cruise.

When I sail with my extended family, we always choose the early dining. There is usually around 20 of us so it is easiest to have a set table at a set time. When it is just DH and I, I do prefer YTD. I like getting ready for dinner at my time. Sometimes, I eat a late lunch and am not hungry at 6 or we were on an excursion and don't want to have to rush getting ready for dinner. It is just personal preference.

I love YTD

The main reason I choose My Time Dining is I do not like eating with people I do not know, and, at least in the past, Carnival was not able to guarantee my DH and I would have a two person table at a regular dining time. We have been at four person tables, six person tables, etc. If we show up at 5:45 for MTD, we always get a two person table. Simple as that for us. We are actually toying with calling Carnival and seeing if they can guarantee us a two person table now, can anyone tell me if they are more prevalent now than they were a few years ago?

Send a message to john heald and he will take care of your dining time

No, that's not the case. We really wanted to like it. Some people say you can get the same time, same table (or at least wait staff). I would like to know how that works. (The front desk people in the dining room were far too busy for me to ask.)

Kathy

The 2nd night they ask us - after that we ask. Only waited 5 - 10 minutes. You should not feel they are to busy to ask. This is what you have paid for.

On Splendor can you go to either dining rooms for YTD? Or is there one specifically for it?

On the Splendor, the Black Pearl Dining Room is used for YTD.

Edited by Jamman54