Lost set of keys

geocruiser

Friends of mine were on Zuiderdam 12/9/13 sailing and left a set of keys behind in cabin 6064. By any chance did anyone find them? They contacted HAL when they got back and are still waiting for the keys.

P.S.

they are leaving this Sunday on Neiw Ansterdam. Is there any one on board that they could give their info to that might be able to hepl with dealing with the home office?

Edited by geocruiser

Friends of mine were on Zuiderdam 12/9/13 sailing and left a set of keys behind in cabin 6064. By any chance did anyone find them? They contacted HAL when they got back and are still waiting for the keys.

P.S.

they are leaving this Sunday on Neiw Ansterdam. Is there any one on board that they could give their info to that might be able to hepl with dealing with the home office?

I am on board the Zuiderdam right now (free wifi in Curacao.) Just checked with the front desk and they are going to call me back....hopefully before we sail in one hour. What they did tell me was that the usual policy is to keep the lost item on the ship until it is claimed for 6 months...after that it is sent to head office. I will let you know anything further once I hear.

I am on board the Zuiderdam right now (free wifi in Curacao.) Just checked with the front desk and they are going to call me back....hopefully before we sail in one hour. What they did tell me was that the usual policy is to keep the lost item on the ship until it is claimed for 6 months...after that it is sent to head office. I will let you know anything further once I hear.

Thank you very much. HAL says that they did find them. But HAL has not returned the keys to the owner as of yet. They would just like to know if they are still onboard or at the home office.

Thanks again for taking the time and for your kindness.

That is very kind of you trying to help.

Hope you are successful.

Hope the rest of your cruise is great. :)

I really hope that is not the policy.

A few years ago when I went to put some items in the safe, I found a small black box containing jewelry. We took the box right over to the concierge who said she would take care of it. We assumed that the box was going to be sent right away to Seattle and not sit on the ship for weeks.

Now I wonder if those people got their jewelry back.

You are kidding, right?

Good luck finding those keys if you are serious.

If your friends haven't gotten them back in 2 months I seriously doubt they will ever get them back.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

Maybe they will & maybe they won't..

We received a call from HAL's Lost & Found in Seattle several years ago..They found something that I left in our cabin on a cruise almost a year earlier.. I paid for the postage & they snail mailed the article to me.. Sorry can't remember what the item was, (maybe glasses??) but suspect that it remained on board for a long time before being sent to Seattle..

The young lady told me they were trying to clean out the lost items from the storage area in Seattle & get them back to the rightful owners..

Maybe the keys will make it back too.. Please let us know if they do..

Betty

Maybe they will & maybe they won't..

We received a call from HAL's Lost & Found in Seattle several years ago..They found something that I left in our cabin on a cruise almost a year earlier.. I paid for the postage & they snail mailed the article to me.. Sorry can't remember what the item was, (maybe glasses??) but suspect that it remained on board for a long time before being sent to Seattle..

The young lady told me they were trying to clean out the lost items from the storage area in Seattle & get them back to the rightful owners..

Maybe the keys will make it back too.. Please let us know if they do..

Betty

Will let everyone know if my friends get the keys back. Next week they will be on Neiw Ansterdam, so I will not have a answer untill they get home.

You are kidding, right?

Good luck finding those keys if you are serious.

A while ago there was a thread on the Cunard boards started by a fisherman that found a camera in a net somewhere in the Atlantic. From pictures posted from the memory card a woman in the UK was able to identify the owner in Sout Africa. The camera and card was returned to the owner and I believe they met the finder.

I won't dismiss anyhthing anymore! :D

Edited by Boytjie

A while ago there was a thread on the Cunard boards started by a fisherman that found a camera in a net somewhere in the Atlantic. From pictures posted from the memory card a woman in the UK was able to identify the owner in Sout Africa. The camera and card was returned to the owner and I believe they met the finder.

Wow! I guess there is hope for my friend's keys. Great story of kindness.

What a wonderful story.