Fascinated - February 22-27, 2014 - A Pictorial Review

jmak315

I loved your pictures! What kind of camera do you use? Mine broke while on the Fascination in November....that was my 4th time on that ship...I love it! The window seats in that class of ship are my favorite spot. We have never stopped at the Navy Pier .. out of all the 5 times we have stopped their it has always been at the one right close to Mallory Square. My husband died of a massive heart attack at work in September....we had our platinum cruise booked on the Fascination in November 2013 ... after alot of time trying to decide what the right thing to do was...I went on the cruise...I knew he would be furious if I gave up the chance to be platinum.

Your pictures brought a smile to my face tonight:)

I loved your pictures! What kind of camera do you use? Mine broke while on the Fascination in November....that was my 4th time on that ship...I love it! The window seats in that class of ship are my favorite spot. We have never stopped at the Navy Pier .. out of all the 5 times we have stopped their it has always been at the one right close to Mallory Square. My husband died of a massive heart attack at work in September....we had our platinum cruise booked on the Fascination in November 2013 ... after alot of time trying to decide what the right thing to do was...I went on the cruise...I knew he would be furious if I gave up the chance to be platinum.

Your pictures brought a smile to my face tonight:)

I am so sorry to hear about your loss :( Time with our loved ones is so valuable - we just never know when that last day will be. Again, I am sorry to hear about your loss.

The camera I use is a Nikon D3200 and it's fairly new - I am still learning the ins and outs of it. Thanks for taking the time to scroll through...I realize it was looooong LOL.

Awesome review!!! I love the format, tips, and pictures. The foodies must be going crazy over your food shots.

We managed to sneak in an extra family cruise for this summer and we will be on the Fascination in June. We sailed her sister ship, the Sensation, a few years ago, and I must say it was one of my favorite ships. Smaller and less crowded, yet offering just about all the amenities of a larger ship.

I know how time consuming these detailed picture reviews can, and I cannot thank your enough for you efforts!!!

Edited by mpcaruth

Awesome review!!! I love the format, tips, and pictures. The foodies must be going crazy over your food shots.

We managed to sneak in an extra family cruise for this summer and we will be on the Fascination in June. We sailed her sister ship, the Sensation, a few years ago, and I must say it was one of my favorite ships. Smaller and less crowded, yet offering just about all the amenities of a larger ship.

I know how time consuming these detailed picture reviews can, and I cannot thank your enough for you efforts!!!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone :) It did take a long time but I loved reading everyone's reviews so I thought I would "pay it forward" so to speak. Ahh, the food pictures. I can't tell you how many times I felt like people were looking at me like I was a tool taking pictures of all of the food. A man at dinner even leaned over from another table to ask him if I work for a magazine :p Yeah, that's it! That should be my cover from now on, LOL.

Love your review and the pictures are amazing. We are going on fascination May 29 I can't wait your pictures got me even more excited.

Thanks! You are going to have such an amazing time! This was an amazing ship with an amazing crew!

We will be on Fascination in 27 days! We have sailed three other Fantasy class ships but never Fascination. Your review was excellent and your pictures stunning. Thank you so much for taking the time. Couple of questions.

Was the water from the tap in the room also bad? I have seen this bad water comment in several reviews about Fascination and have never had an issue on any other ship.

Where is that dessert sushi? It is beautiful and I have never seen it before.

Thanks again for the great review.

We will be on Fascination in 27 days! We have sailed three other Fantasy class ships but never Fascination. Your review was excellent and your pictures stunning. Thank you so much for taking the time. Couple of questions.

Was the water from the tap in the room also bad? I have seen this bad water comment in several reviews about Fascination and have never had an issue on any other ship.

Where is that dessert sushi? It is beautiful and I have never seen it before.

Thanks again for the great review.

I am confident you will have a wonderful time! Thanks for the kind words about the review - I took my tablet with me and took notes along the way so I wouldn't forget everything but even with all that, putting it all together and uploading the pictures takes a while. I am happy you enjoyed reading it :D

To answer your questions: The water in the room was just as bad. I only enjoyed the water in the MDR. The dessert sushi was in the Coconut Grill (buffet) area. It is beautiful!

So when you order a bucket of beers, you can get 4 different beers? We are going with another couple so this would be great. They will just deduct $2 from the total price?

You get what ever beers you like. They total what it would have cost and take $2.00 off :)

Great review and pics! I didn't take near enough pics on our last cruise in January on Fascination, so this was a treat!

I'm trying to figure out where the balconies are that over look the front of the ship. I looked at the deck plans and just couldn't decide where. Could you look at the deck plans on Carnival's website and post what cabin you think it was?

We were in a Grand Suite (upgrade fairy:D) and it was graaaaand!

Thank you for t responses about the water, dessert sushi and buckets of beer. I always thought the buckets had to be the same beer! My husband has medicine to take every night with lots of water. We might have to buy the big bottle in the room!

Thanks again for the review. I would love to see the rest of the fun times if you have time to post, even just the tear out portion. We are on the 4 day so I know ours would be different but it would be interesting to see what all they have to offer.