Royal Carribean or Carnival- Opinions?

Prinycesa07

Has anyone been to Bermuda in April? I'm reading that the water is very cold that time of the year. Wondering if it's really too cold or people exaggerating. Off to google I go.

Bermuda is in the Atlantic Ocean, not the Caribbean, so yes, the water would be quite cold!

Bermuda is about 700 miles east of the Carolinas in the Atlantic. Another advantage of RCI is that Labadee is not a tender port. They have a dock. I have heard it's a nice beach day as well. We missed it last year due to a storm.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I'm shocked to see Bermuda included with other ports. It isn't close to St. Marteen, San Juan, or Haiti. (It isn't even close to Nassau Bahamas.).

Yes, but Bermuda is somewhat along the way between New York and San Juan so it makes sense to include it on Caribbean itineraries from New York.

Great circle distance from NYC to San Juan is about 1,600 miles. Great circle distance from NYC to San Juan stopping in Bermuda is about 1,700 miles, so not a significant detour.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

Has anyone been to Bermuda in April? I'm reading that the water is very cold that time of the year. Wondering if it's really too cold or people exaggerating. Off to google I go.

The water in Bermuda is VERY cold in April. I was there (not on a cruise) and you could not even sit on the beach, let alone go in the water.

June through Labor Day were perfect times and on one cruise in late October the water was as cold as April.

Keep in mind also that a lot of the beaches are not set up for the season in April so there will be no chairs, umbrellas, food etc. Sometimes the ferries haven't started for the season yet either.

I'm sure that whatever you chose, it will be fun!

Pam

It is cold in April. That is the beginning of cruise season in Bermuda. We went in May & it was too cold.