How do you make a reservation for a child in a Specialty Rest.

DISNEY1975

My 45 days mark is coming up and Im looking at our specialty dining options. All restaurants state child pricing is done on the ship. Im wondering how you make a reservation for the child? Do you pay the adult fee up front and have it adjusted on the ship?

Thanks

My 45 days mark is coming up and Im looking at our specialty dining options. All restaurants state child pricing is done on the ship. Im wondering how you make a reservation for the child? Do you pay the adult fee up front and have it adjusted on the ship?

Thanks

I believe so, yes.

If you prebook only select # of adults, children 12 and under are 50% off if the order from specialty menu or free if they order from standard children's menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you prebook only select # of adults, children 12 and under are 50% off if the order from specialty menu or free if they order from standard children's menu.

If you do this you will only have reservations for the adults. If you really want to pay in advance for your reservations, you must pay for all and then get an adjustment on board. Teppenyaki is the only issue reserving on board. I would wait until on board and reserve then. Otherwise, reserve for the number in your group including children and sort it out on board.

If you do this you will only have reservations for the adults. If you really want to pay in advance for your reservations, you must pay for all and then get an adjustment on board. Teppenyaki is the only issue reserving on board. I would wait until on board and reserve then. Otherwise, reserve for the number in your group including children and sort it out on board.

Once you are on board you add the children to the reservation. Makes more sense than paying full price for them now on your credit card. Just speaking from experience.

Once you are on board you add the children to the reservation. Makes more sense than paying full price for them now on your credit card. Just speaking from experience.

If you are doing this then you may as well just wait until you are on board to do the reservation (which is what I would recommend anyway in most cases).

As rvsullivan says, this could be an issue in Teppenyaki for example. If there are no places left then you won't be able to add the children.

Id really like to do it ahead of time. We are sailing on the Getaway, school vacation week! The ship will be full and now NCL has the Ultimate Dining Plan offer for balcony rooms and above. Im sure the specialty restaurants will be very full the week Im on and I don't want to miss out on eating at Moderno and Teppenyaki on sea days.

Thanks for all the advice! I think Ill reserve now and have them adjust when I board.

Thanks

We are booked on the Getaway in March and I made reservations for all 4 of us at speciality restaurants every night. We have the UDP, so there was no charge for making the reservation for the adults or the kids. If you only reserve for the adults, they may not have a table big enough for the whole family. I say book as soon as you can.

If you only reserve for the adults, they may not have a table big enough for the whole family. I say book as soon as you can.

That is what I was thinking too! I am not on the UDP (Promo came after my final payment..boooo!) Ill just pay now and see if they can give me credit for the child later.

Thanks.

I know the OP did not ask, but I have to jump in.

I just went out to dinner, and nobody could decide first WHERE to go. Then we got there, it was forever to decide WHAT to order.

How people can decide what mood they will be in months in advance is an amazing talent. Granted, some can do it. But with a kid? That is down right amazing.

LOL!

That is what I was thinking too! I am not on the UDP (Promo came after my final payment..boooo!) Ill just pay now and see if they can give me credit for the child later.

Thanks.

Are you sure you can't get the UDP? I bought ours after the final payment date on ncl.com. Regardless, it gives me a lot of peace of mind having the reservations especially since we want to try all the specialty restaurants. And we've always taken our kids to all kinds of restaurants so they're like mini foodies now.

Id really like to do it ahead of time. We are sailing on the Getaway, school vacation week! The ship will be full and now NCL has the Ultimate Dining Plan offer for balcony rooms and above. Im sure the specialty restaurants will be very full the week Im on and I don't want to miss out on eating at Moderno and Teppenyaki on sea days.

Thanks for all the advice! I think Ill reserve now and have them adjust when I board.

This is exactly what you need to do. The price will be adjusted once onboard.