Insignia Room 6040

beehive273

If there is any chance of moving to a different E cabin, see if 6030 or 6033 are available. These cabins only are obstructed by a davit down the middle of the large picture window holding a small Zodiac runabout below window level. From the deck plans, 6040 looks very obstructed by a tender/lifeboat.

Thanks,Pam for your advice.. 6040 was the only room available in our category on Level 6 by the time we booked so that's what we got... I know it looks majorly obstructed but was just wondering if someone had a pic of the view to settle the issue.

We sailed twice in 6033, the first time because we only signed up for the cruise three months early, but the second time by choice. We had very port-intensive itineraries and found that in this small cabin we only slept, changed and showered, spending any other shipboard time, which was very seldom during the day, in the common areas, such as on the pool deck, in the lovely library, or at other activities.

If you do not have any light-affect issues, you'll be fine. These cabins are super for seasick-prone people like me, and a great central location for meals, the nightly shows, and disembarking at ports. Also, with no couch, you will be much more efficient about putting away your things! (We had the small glass table removed because we found it just got in our way.)

Bon voyage!

Edited by CintiPam

Does anyone have a picture of the view from this room we have booked? We would appreciate knowing how obstructed it is. Thanks!

I don't have a view from inside the cabin, but this photo from the exterior of the ship may answer your question.

175933.jpgTo orient yourself, the people on the exterior deck below the lifeboats are standing on Deck 5, and we are looking at the Starboard (right) side of the ship. 6040 is on the Port side, but the lifeboat arrangements are identical.

Edited by JimandStan

Thanks alot. I appreciate the link. Would have been perfect if the virtual tour had featured the obstructed view room that we have booked instead of the ocean view porthole room! Lots of good info on that link, thanks!

I guess no one in room 6040 has taken a picture from inside the room looking out the window.. I mean, who would want a picture of a big lifeboat outside your window, anyway,right? Just thought someone might be brave enough to admit they had a room with no view!

• 2 months later...

We are booked on the Azamara Quest (same type of ship) in cabin 6040 in September, Beehive maybe you could post a photo when you return? I agree it has been impossible to find a photo of the inside of these obstructed view cabins.

Thanks in advance,

Kim

it has been impossible to find a photo of the inside of these obstructed view cabins.

The cabin view itself is very easy to find, as the Oceania Web Site features both photographs and schematics:

staterooms-ship-e.pngstaterooms-3d-e.jpg

The bedrooms are oblong, with a large window next to the bed. The sill of that window is large and quite deep, and many people use it for auxiliary storage.

Recent Oceania Renovations have placed a love seat in those cabins, but I believe that similar grade Azamara cabins feature only an upright chair. The nightstand configuration on Azamara is also different.

Edited by JimandStan

We usually book inside cabins as the ocean views are hard to get (and I think some are even smaller than the inside cabins), plus we prefer to spend what we save on our stateroom in the various ports. If the ship is not full, there is always a chance that Oceania will call (you or your travel agent) and offer an upsell (i.e., an upgrade to a different category of stateroom for a particular amount of money, which varies). When this has happened to us in the past it has always turned out to be a good deal. Even though I don't spend much time in the stateroom except to sleep, I have to admit that it's nice to be able to peek or go outside from a better stateroom! (If I'm in an inside cabin, I have to turn the TV to the webcam channel to see if it's raining, if land is in sight, etc.!) SO - you might want to let your travel agent know that you're interested to hear immediately about any offers Oceania might make closer to cruise time. If you get one, you'll need to decide quickly on it. I suppose it's also possible to check back later to see if one of the staterooms mentioned above opens up at the last minute, as some cruisers inevitably have to cancel at the last minute.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks! I'll be watching for it!

Kim

I now have a photo of the "view" from Insignia's stateroom 6040 having just returned from our cruise. I can't successfully resize the pic and post it here, so anyone who wants it can email me and I will send it to you along with any other info you would like on this room.. which, incidentally, does NOT have a sofa!

Click Here to Email Me