Divina extreme reviews, is it the Divina, or the Reviewers!

American Bear

I agree with you, never had a perfect cruise, but enjoyed them all!

And with the prices this year on the Divina, to us it was a no brainer to try it out!

Happy Cruising!:)

I have enjoyed all my cruises, but I've had a few perfect ones. :)

Driving home from our cruise right now. We had a great time but that had more to do with our attitude than the experience. Glad we tried MSC but I wouldn't choose to spend our money with them again. Too many other choices. I'll have pics and specifics (in a new thread) in a couple days. If you want to have a great time, you WILL have a great time.

You are frightening me.

I am in the middle of planning (prices are tempting) but have not booked yet. :confused:

Edited by cruisetrail

You are frightening me.

I am in the middle of planning (prices are tempting) but have not booked yet. :confused:

You scare too easily.

I'd assumed, reading your previous posts you'd been on the Divina, surely you couldn't have made such advanced options without travelling on the vessel?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, ive enjoyed your post and will feel quite mislead if you haven't been on the Divina.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are frightening me.

Don't be frightened. Nothing earth shattering happened. We were in the YC so we spent quite a bit more than the "tempting prices". Wish the service improved with the cost. The facilities did, for sure!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

Don't be frightened. Nothing earth shattering happened. We were in the YC so we spent quite a bit more than the "tempting prices". Wish the service improved with the cost. The facilities did, for sure!

I share your attitude - a cruise is what we make of it.

Looking forward to your review.

andrewjb1,

Not on the Divina.

Also looking forward to your review, I have booked 2 YC suites for 14 nights end September so have lots of questions I hope you will be able to clear up for me.

Also looking forward to your review, I have booked 2 YC suites for 14 nights end September so have lots of questions I hope you will be able to clear up for me.

What sate are you in the YC club we are there from the 4 Oct for 14 nights.

Did you not like the YC was the service bad.

P.s I've been keeping an eye on you lol. Your asking a lot of the questions I've got!

Great minds think a like lol which cabins do you have we are in 15031 but we also have 15020/2/4/6 for others in our family. can't wait.

Judith

I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have. I try to be as factual as possible, but my opinion may show up here and there. :)

Did you not like the YC was the service bad.

Personally, if I was ever forced to sail the Divina again (we never sail the same ship twice, so far), I would ONLY consider the YC. The service could not be classified as bad. It was...adequate, with some misses. Our paper was not delivered 3 out of 7 days. The one time we ordered breakfast from room service the night before so we could leave for an excursion (with the hang card on the door) it was never retrieved, no apology, they just told me to tell them what I wanted and they would bring it to us (it was hung on the door at 11:30p - the card stated we could put it out no later than 2am). Our troubles may stem from the fact that we were in a 12th floor suite, one of only 3 YC suites on the floor. We "got the hint" when our butler repeated, numerous times on the first day during our tour of the YC, that our suite was the only one he had on a floor other than the 15th. My husband and I looked at each other and both read this as saying "you won't be getting much of my attention" and we were right. The 2 room suite was perfect for us and our 14 yr old son. Gave us plenty of space, but I would much prefer the 15th floor. It is closer to everything.

Personally, if I was ever forced to sail the Divina again (we never sail the same ship twice, so far), I would ONLY consider the YC. The service could not be classified as bad. It was...adequate, with some misses. Our paper was not delivered 3 out of 7 days. The one time we ordered breakfast from room service the night before so we could leave for an excursion (with the hang card on the door) it was never retrieved, no apology, they just told me to tell them what I wanted and they would bring it to us (it was hung on the door at 11:30p - the card stated we could put it out no later than 2am). Our troubles may stem from the fact that we were in a 12th floor suite, one of only 3 YC suites on the floor. We "got the hint" when our butler repeated, numerous times on the first day during our tour of the YC, that our suite was the only one he had on a floor other than the 15th. My husband and I looked at each other and both read this as saying "you won't be getting much of my attention" and we were right. The 2 room suite was perfect for us and our 14 yr old son. Gave us plenty of space, but I would much prefer the 15th floor. It is closer to everything.

A few questions if you could.

How was the buffet?

Do they post daily menus?

How was the load on upper decks, aft pool?

Thanks.

Thanks, you should have received the same treatment as those on the upper decks. Looking forward to reading your full review.

Judith

A few questions if you could.

How was the buffet?

Thanks.

How was the buffet:

I don't understand why anyone in their right mind would complain about the buffet. I actually laughed out loud the first day. I will soon post the pics of all the different "stations". Multiply them by 2 as they run the length of both sides. There are so many choices that having "pre-made" hamburgers and fries is so trivial. If you can't choose from the dozens (literally) of other choices, there is something wrong with you.

Also, every hot item is served HOT. The reason people complain, I think, is that they offer platters (not just plates) at the stations so people who think they will never be served another meal in their life take heaping portions until their platter looks like a middle school volcano project. By the time you get back to your table, yes, your food WILL be cold. *Hint: Take a few items at a time, go back to your seat and go back for more. It's free and believe me, everyone can use the extra walk.

The food was plentiful, varied, delicious. Best buffet I've encountered on a cruise ship. Yes, it was VERY busy but I never had a problem getting food or finding a table. The servers in the area are plentiful and attentive. Great service. Go to the VERY back of the buffet and you can sit by the beautiful glass windows facing the aft. Terrific!

COFFEE LOVERS THIS IS FOR YOU:

I love my morning cup of coffee. Most of the bars around the ship and the YC have the Italian strong coffee. After the first day I found out my system could not handle it (although it was delicious). For people like me, this coffee should be used as an alternative to an herbal colon cleanse. Yikes. The coffee in the buffet is great! I had to walk the length of the ship every day to get to it, but it is offered with mugs (not tiny cup and saucers) and is a nice smooth brew. Of course, opinions vary on coffee and this is mine.

Not sure where you mean. At the buffet their are signs above each station stating the type of food at that station. Then there are little cards describing each item above the item.

Each restaurant has a menu posted outside each day.

The main pool was a constant zoo, constant. I just walked through each time without stopping. It was madness. You would not believe the line to "check out" a towel! For this reason alone (the main pool area), if I enjoyed laying by a pool, I would save up until I had enough to travel in the YC. Thinking about swimming in the swill makes me want to gag. I say this because my parents had owned a motel for most of my life and my job as a teen was to clean the pool. We didn't have nearly the load of what they get on the ship and it was a chemical nightmare. I won't go into all the gory details, but when you have wall to wall people in a pool, they aren't all going to abide by "cleanliness rules" and the kids aren't going to stop what they're doing to find a bathroom just to tinkle. Enough said. You can decide for yourself when you see the pictures.

The other pools - aft, upper decks were always busy, but not mayhem like the main pool. (I still wouldn't swim in them). The YC pool and hot tubs were AMAZING. Each person could put a towel down on 10 chairs and there would still be enough to go around. The water was sparkling as well.

I don't care who asks. I'm happy to answer your questions.

Resstation. Did you happen to use the laundry service at all while in the YC? When we get on, I want to send a lot of things to be presses.....not laundered, just pressed. Just curious how long it would take to get it all back and if it was pricey or not.

Resstation. Did you happen to use the laundry service at all while in the YC? When we get on, I want to send a lot of things to be presses.....not laundered, just pressed. Just curious how long it would take to get it all back and if it was pricey or not.

I thought I would, but we did not. I glanced at one of the sheets we received at the beginning of the cruise that listed a special for laundering (not dry cleaning or pressing). Other than that, there were no prices listed anywhere. The laundry special was for up to 20 items for $25 (did not have to go at the same time). If you wanted them back same day (pick up by 9am, back by 5pm) they charged extra (I think $10 extra). Otherwise, they delivered the next day (can't remember what time of day).

I thought I would, but we did not. I glanced at one of the sheets we received at the beginning of the cruise that listed a special for laundering (not dry cleaning or pressing). Other than that, there were no prices listed anywhere. The laundry special was for up to 20 items for $25 (did not have to go at the same time). If you wanted them back same day (pick up by 9am, back by 5pm) they charged extra (I think $10 extra). Otherwise, they delivered the next day (can't remember what time of day).

Shoot. Even with the same day charge, that's cheaper than anything I've ever seen per piece. Thanks!

Hi resstation. We are doing back to back and I'm going to assume that menus will repeat in le muse. did you eat in the main restaurants at all for a change? I actually would like to do the Gala night in the main restaurant on one of the 2 occasions, mainly for the spectacle of the parades. Do you know if it's possible.

How was the bacon?

LOVED the bacon! It was delicious. We called them "bacon balls" because they were not in strips but in "nuggets" of strips. I imagine they balled up each strip to make room for more pieces. Best bacon I've had in a long time. I chose the nice and crispy pieces, but there were some not so crisp in the same serving dish as well. YUM. Now you've made me hungry!