Divina extreme reviews, is it the Divina, or the Reviewers!

American Bear

Seriously? How else do you expect to make informed decisions without comparisons? When I sell my house, the appraised value is based on comparable properties in my area. I don't have to move into someone else's house to determine if that is true or false.

I, for one, appreciate Cruisetrail's factual approach. A lot of people are drawn to MSCUSA because of the low pricing but is it really a deal? After reading Cruisetrail's analogy, I did a little research of my own, and the price difference between my fire sale MSC cabin on Divina and what I could have booked on Celebrity Reflection, is less than $300. That takes into account, the free beverage package, onboard credit and free gratuities I would have received on Reflection but doesn't take into account the extras on Divina that are free on Celebrity (Gala brunch, pastries in Cafe, ice cream). I also noticed that taxes on MSC (excluding port fees) were 30% higher on a cruise that was half the cost. Will saving $300 be worth it? The booking process alone screams NOT. If more of us did true comparisons BEFORE sailing maybe there would be far less complaints as people will be going in with their eyes open instead of shut.

I'm sure I will still enjoy my first cruise on MSC because I now know what to expect, but in future, I will definitely be doing some not so "invalid" comparisons before booking future sailings with any cruise line ESPECIALLY those on which I have never sailed.

Seriously?:confused: You'd buy a house without looking at it?

You'd buy a car without test driving it?

What everyone is saying is comparisons are fine, but they don't tell the whole story, you have to cruise on a ship to give a 'fair' review!

After your cruise you will have far more 'knowledge' then you had before!

Any reviews done before you cruise on a ship are incomplete!

We look forward to a review from you after your cruise!!

Hope you have fun!

Edited by Russian Bear

Hooray!

Cruisetrail please take note.

The photos Cruiseguys has posted are actually of the Divina.

Thanks Cruiseguys. The animation and rhymes brought an added dimension to them.

Plus it made me laugh (a lot) so applause! Bravo! :D

OMG Cruiseguys!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the beautiful pictures! We are sailing in a week and I just can't wait. I will try to take as many pictures and videos as possible. Doing the Happy Dance!

We look forward to a review from you after your cruise!:D

Have a fun cruise!

Seriously?:confused: You'd buy a house without looking at it?

NOT what I said :confused:.What I did mean to imply was that my home's value is based on comparisons to others in my area that no, I have never been in or looked at. Does that make the value "invalid"?

You'd buy a car without test driving it?

Once again, never said I was buying anything but if there was some way to physically "test drive" or "look at" a cruise before laying down thousands of dollars, I would surely do it ;). Until then I will have to rely on comparisons to the lines I do know and from the subjective reviews & information I find online.

What everyone is saying is comparisons are fine, but they don't tell the whole story, you have to cruise on a ship to give a 'fair' review

Thank you, I completely understand this. WRT Cruisetrail's post, maybe I'm reading it the wrong way but in my mind it was not a review, it was a "story" (hence the title). When I read it, I was aware that he had never set foot on Divina yet I found a lot of his info quite helpful and wish I'd read it before booking as I have a cabin in the dreaded #3 area, lol.

Hope you have fun!

Thanks! I've yet to take a holiday I haven't had fun on and I will be sure to post a review when I return for anyone interested in a MSC/Celebrity comparison:)!

Cruiseguys2009,

The Divina pictures look incredible! Will you be doing a review after your cruise in May?

We had planned to go on Royal Caribbean, but I am a solo traveler and they changed their single supplement policy and their prices were crazy in August. I have a balcony for less than an inside on Royal. The couples and the family also made out much better.

We are excited to try the Divina especially after this snowy and frigid weather in Massachusetts this winter.

Ellen

This is where you'll find me.....in the Aft of The MSC Divina.....The first of it's kind.....An Infinity Pool! Oh She Is Magnificent!

The Divina has captured My Heart!

Infinity_Pool_MSC_Divina.jpg

Mine Too!

I love, love promo renderings, but the real Ifinity pool on the Divina does not look like that.

We'll find you there but it might take some time... :)

The aft ("Infinity") pool on MSC Divina (Mediterranean cruise)

23jjsc3.jpg

Edited by cruisetrail

WRT Cruisetrail's post, maybe I'm reading it the wrong way but in my mind it was not a review, it was a "story" (hence the title). When I read it, I was aware that he had never set foot on Divina yet I found a lot of his info quite helpful and wish I'd read it before booking as I have a cabin in the dreaded #3 area, lol.

You are reading it in the right way.

It's a "story" as titled and a profound research - as described in the preface.

It contains a lot of factual info - I am glad readers find it helpful.

Factual presentations are helpful. One can find what he needs and skip what is not interesting.

We can have good time on any ship because cruising is a pleasure.

But some ships are more pleasant than the others...

Enjoy your cruise on the Divina!

Edited by cruisetrail

Why would I care if you agree with me. You were not there when I got raw bacon when I asked for well done or when I constantly had to turn completley around to select bread from a assistant waiter who didn't have a clue about waiting on passangers.

Pax et bonum,

Kevin

Sorry, I haven`t seen any of your comments but had to laugh about raw bacon, if that is your biggest problem maybe cruising is not for you. I have sailed on just about every cruiseline including six star ships & I must say MSC is about the cleanest line I have been on, when on a European sailing with them I hear no complaints, only in the US, & then they want to cancel the tips. I think they may be attracting too many lower class americans who want everything but not willing to pay.

I been on celebrity and rccl. Service was just as good on MSC I found pool side service and bar service was superior then my last Celebrity cruise. it all comes down to how demanding one person is and what they expect. If you expect to be treated like royalty and don't get it, then it's all down hill. Like I said I been in suite where my light switch did not work, it took them till the next day to grab me lights that plug in. There was no other suites available, i didn't go the rest of the cruise and let this detail ruin my cruise. I don't cry when I ask for more bread. I don't get upset when a few bugs have flown into my room because I had the balcony door open while in port and see them crawling around, unless tts a bee.

Soap box mode, off.

Your so right, but after reading this thread & sailing many times on MSC I cannot comprehend the crap I`m reading. Give it up complainers & go to Carnival, that is surely the level of luxury you want.

Mine Too!

I love, love promo renderings, but the real Ifinity pool on the Divina does not look like that.

We'll find you there but it might take some time... :)

The aft ("Infinity") pool on MSC Divina (Mediterranean cruise)

23jjsc3.jpg

Oh my gosh, you are so wonderful and heavenly for posting the real pics of what it is actually like on The MSC Divina! Oh Joy! I can't wait to be right in there part of THE THRONGS OF THONGS! How amazing and incredible it will be! I am just going to Tinkle with excitement! Yet, I am so happy that there are far more pools than on other ships we have been on, and they were crowded! Geez the EPIC was ridiculous and we were in a suite! Let me tell you. But, this is wonderful! I just adore parading around the deck! I love people watching and the more active the better. Oh Cruisetrail you made me so excited to see reality! I could just jump in the pool right now in my fire engine red speedo! Geronimo! Yippeee! I want a Martini! WooooooHoooooo! The Divina is Divine! Oh what fun this is going to be! Just think, in six weeks I will be one of those folks enjoying the pool and a martini! Yay!

Edited by cruiseguys2009

Just look at the magnificent crowds enjoying the MSC Divina and her beautiful facilities! What fun it's going to be. I love the private decks as well, and when I want to get away, I still have the availability of paying ten dollars to enjoy adulthood and Jacuzzi's on two separate decks far away from the Throngs. Joy and rapture! When we were on the EPIC, we were automatically in the South Beach Club overlooking the pool, but other folks clamored to pay $60 bucks for the week for the privilege of being up there with the Sweeties (Those that were in the Haven). I enjoy paying for privacy and no children and especially NO Wind while at sea! That is the best part of all. I remember on the EPIC, there was so much wind no one could enjoy a libation or the sun as everything was blowing everywhere because of no barriers in the railings.

Oh I so look forward to the excitement of the crowds! The dripping of sun tan oil, the smell of coconut fragrance and the thrill of a martini under the sun in my brand new fire engine red speedo! Yippeee! No one can take this away from me! No one! I could not be more happy and joyful!

1166244555.jpg

OH LOOKIE LOOKIE EVERYONE! Look how fantastic the show is pool side, this was just taken three weeks ago! The live show looks like so much fun. Look at all the wonderful people have a magnanimous time! Oh my gosh. How fun this is really going to be. I never expected The Divina to fulfill my imagination, but I can't wait. I could just tinkle!

JamCruiseDay4-20140107-353-L.jpg

Jerome and I have dining reservations here too. This is Etalia Ristorante, not to be confused with Etaly Steakhouse. Etalia Ristorante is a private 5 course Chef Tasting Restaurant with a different extravagant menu each night. Only 24 people dine each night and we are lucky ones to have reservations! Once the word gets out the first night, it has been sold out every other night! Viva Italia! Make reservations early! We are going on Gala Night in our Tuxedos! How fabulous right?

MSC-Kreuzfahrten-Eataly-Ristorante-Italia.jpg

OH LOOKIE LOOKIE EVERYONE! Look how fantastic the show is pool side, this was just taken three weeks ago! The live show looks like so much fun. Look at all the wonderful people have a magnanimous time! Oh my gosh. How fun this is really going to be. I never expected The Divina to fulfill my imagination, but I can't wait. I could just tinkle!

JamCruiseDay4-20140107-353-L.jpg

Just so you know that shot was taken during a full ship charter. (Jam cruise 12) they always put on an awesome cruise.

Check youtube for holy ship 2014 , they also had a charter in jan on divina. Lots of great live music and cool people.