Divina extreme reviews, is it the Divina, or the Reviewers!

American Bear

We DO have a child and sailed with Disney once - and DID NOT like it. Sure the ship was nice, the service was good (although we did have an incident with one of the children's club attendants one evening), the food was delicious...but we will never sail Disney again. It just wasn't for us. Does that mean other people can't LOVE IT? No, of course not. I would never post a thread saying no one should sail Disney because I didn't like it. Personal preference - and you DO have to sail the ship to know for sure. (Because the statistics don't jive with our personal preference). Ambiance cannot be measured statistically.

Edited by resstation
Added another thought.

We DO have a child and sailed with Disney once - and DID NOT like it. Sure the ship was nice, the service was good (although we did have an incident with one of the children's club attendants one evening), the food was delicious...but we will never sail Disney again. It just wasn't for us. Does that mean other people can't LOVE IT? No, of course not. I would never post a thread saying no one should sail Disney because I didn't like it. Personal preference - and you DO have to sail the ship to know for sure. (Because the statistics don't jive with our personal preference). Ambiance cannot be measured statistically.

I totally agree with you about cruising on a ship to know for sure!

We cruised on the Allure a few years back, the largest cruise ship, and we waited in lines for everything, dinner, the theater, the water show, everything, and we had reservations! The ship is beautiful, huge, well laid out, but our experience was hurt by waiting in lines! Just my experience! But it doesn't mean that we wouldn't try the Allure/Oasis out again if the right price came along! (a very good price to get me to wait in lines:D)

I loved Disney for 3-4 night cruises. I too was a little worried with all the children, but they were all well behaved and hardly noticeable half the time as Disneys children program is tops. Their private island amazing. Shows were great. Now on a 7 day longer cruise, the price has to be great.

Well lines on the Oasis, never bothered me, especial last cruise, we had the almighty gold card. Lol that's what you get when you book a suite. No need to make reservations except the comedy show. MTD walk to the front of the line. The amazing part is on Oasis the flow of people they do have it down, sometimes you don't realize there are over 6000 people on board. I got 2 great deals on Oasis last year a single rate 110% and loft suite 1700pp. Best deals ever.

Edited by Bosjoe

People who make comparisons OR make negative comments about cruise lines or ships they HAVE NOT sailed are invalid

1. Internet is full of nonsense reviews made by "someone who cruised".

This mantra sounds like a joke for those who keep an eye on "reviews flow".

2. What makes someone's opinion credible? Number of cruises? Oh, god! Please see #1.

The only thing that makes your opinion credible is ... your review.

Post your review.

Post what you have to share. THEN we'll see how credible one's opinion is.

We are not interested in someone's cruising history.

We are interested in ships.

I have posted a research with about a 100 photos and diagrams of the ships.

What is not "credible" there?

Are there wrong ships?

Wrong data?

Wrong deck plans?

What is wrong?

Please post your comparison review/ or research and we'll compare which one is credible :)

Happy cruising.

Edited by cruisetrail

I posted information that was available.

I assume all cruise ships are clean and safe.

What ship facts do you have to add?

msc has never had noro Hal frequently has noro, you want to speak facts, a pretty dinig room is meaningless if you can not leave the bathroom.

Hal has crew who assault passengers and people who fall off ships.

these are facts!

msc has never had noro Hal frequently has noro, you want to speak facts, a pretty dinig room is meaningless if you can not leave the bathroom.

Hal has crew who assault passengers and people who fall off ships.

these are facts!

14av2o0.jpg

Things happen everywhere:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/10/msc-poesia-runs-aground-i_n_1196819.html

Back to the topic,

By definition all cruise ships are clean and safe.

Any ship fact you have to add to my Divina research comparison?

1. Internet is full of nonsense reviews made by "someone who cruised".

This mantra sounds like a joke for those who keep an eye on "reviews flow".

2. What makes someone's opinion credible? Number of cruises? Oh, god! Please see #1.

The only thing that makes your opinion credible is ... your review.

Post your review.

Post what you have to share. THEN we'll see how credible one's opinion is.

We are not interested in someone's cruising history.

We are interested in ships.

I have posted a research with about a 100 photos and diagrams of the ships.

Are there wrong ships?

Wrong data?

Wrong deck plans?

What is wrong?

Please post your comparison review/ or research and we'll compare which one is credible :)

Happy cruising.

The pictures you claim are of the Divina are not the Divina. So wrong ship and wrong data.

Whooooo Hooooo! DIVINA!

The Divina Is SO Gorgeous!

In Six Weeks She Is All Mine!

I Can't Wait To Set Sail On Her!

Gonna Make Her Shine!

Three Cheers To All Who Labor!

And To All Who Tow The Line!

God Bless All Those Who Make Her!

The Goddess Of Divine!

Divina, She's Where IT's AT!

Divina Has The Style!

When It Come To Being Happy!

All She Brings US Is A Smile!

Pay Attention All My Lovelies!

The Divina Is Tre Chic!

If You Want To Have A Blast!

Come Sail With Me in Our Week!

So Don't Be Upset!

Don't Be Alarmed!

Cruising is All That Matters!

And The MSC Divina Holds The Charm!

GOOOOOOOOOO DIVINA!

Are there wrong ships?

Wrong data?

Wrong deck plans?

What is wrong?

FACT: The British Army was the most powerful, well equipped & well trained army in the World in 1775

FACT: I drink coffee not tea

FACT: Since 2009 the New York Yankees have had the highest payroll and most talent in the Major Leagues

FACT: The Yankees have not won the World Series since 2009

FACT: The Luftwaffe had more planes, more pilots and better equipment than Briton in 1940

FACT: The British don't eat Spaetzle

There are plenty more examples of facts not leading to the expected conclusion, and that is because people like you (and King George, Hitler, and the Steinbrenners) don't understand that facts are just a part of the overall experience. Every ship has a soul, starting with the captain & crew and ending with the clientele that may (or may not) skew your "facts". This is why it is impossible to rate or review without having sailed.

FACT: I'd rather be in a rubber dinghy with a bottle of wine, a bag of Doritos and Kate Upton than any of your (or anyone else's) chosen vessels. You may think that's not possible because there's no proper promenade on a rubber dinghy, but it's true. Explain that away with your facts.

The Gorgeous Galaxy Observation Lounge, Disco, and Fine Dining Specialty Restaurant. Where?

On The MSC Divina!!

divina3.jpg

How incredible is a seven course meal with a different wine with each course?! Oh I am looking forward to this Delectable, Gastronomical Dining Experience! 7 Wines with 7 Courses. Just Fantabulous! Divina Is Divine!

People who make comparisons OR make negative comments about cruise lines or ships they HAVE NOT sailed are invalid

Big Al

Seriously? How else do you expect to make informed decisions without comparisons? When I sell my house, the appraised value is based on comparable properties in my area. I don't have to move into someone else's house to determine if that is true or false.

I, for one, appreciate Cruisetrail's factual approach. A lot of people are drawn to MSCUSA because of the low pricing but is it really a deal? After reading Cruisetrail's analogy, I did a little research of my own, and the price difference between my fire sale MSC cabin on Divina and what I could have booked on Celebrity Reflection, is less than $300. That takes into account, the free beverage package, onboard credit and free gratuities I would have received on Reflection but doesn't take into account the extras on Divina that are free on Celebrity (Gala brunch, pastries in Cafe, ice cream). I also noticed that taxes on MSC (excluding port fees) were 30% higher on a cruise that was half the cost. Will saving $300 be worth it? The booking process alone screams NOT. If more of us did true comparisons BEFORE sailing maybe there would be far less complaints as people will be going in with their eyes open instead of shut.

I'm sure I will still enjoy my first cruise on MSC because I now know what to expect, but in future, I will definitely be doing some not so "invalid" comparisons before booking future sailings with any cruise line ESPECIALLY those on which I have never sailed.

Oh Lookie Here! The Other Side of the Galaxy Disco, Lounge and Observation Room.....Where?

It's On The Magnificent MSC Divina!!!!!

MSC-Divina-4123.JPG

What gorgeous Center Ship Views! And how amazing to dance the night away from a sky lounge that has disappeared on so many other ships! Thanks Divina for bringing it back!

Edited by cruiseguys2009

My Oh My! I have not been Candlestick Bowling since I was a child 45 years ago! Thank you MSC for giving me my childhood back! I will look forward to putting money into this machine! This is the Candlestick Bowling Lane in The Sports Bar. What Sports Bar?

On The Divina!

MSC-Divina-3922.JPG