2015 Itinerary Predictions?

jonmar

Cunard should release their 2015 itineraries shortly. Anyone think they'll shake things up, particularly with QM2 or will it be another steady dose of the Fjords again? I've read rumors that Cunard is hurting financially, and if true, new locations, or at least ones not visited in several years may renew interest amongst past passengers.

Cunard should release their 2015 itineraries shortly. Anyone think they'll shake things up, particularly with QM2 or will it be another steady dose of the Fjords again? I've read rumors that Cunard is hurting financially, and if true, new locations, or at least ones not visited in several years may renew interest amongst past passengers.

My how rumours get around.

I quite fancy the Fjords on QM2.

Despite having to heavily discount many if not most of their current offerings, Cunard seem hesitant to make significant changes year to year. I would be happy to see a few more Fall Caribbean sailings added to the single QM2 Holiday cruise such as I enjoyed in early December in 2009 and 2010.

I'm curious about the source of info that says they are hurting financially. It seems to me they are sustaining higher prices for voyages today compared to this time last year. If my impression is correct that would mean revenue has increased.

I'm curious about the source of info that says they are hurting financially. It seems to me they are sustaining higher prices for voyages today compared to this time last year. If my impression is correct that would mean revenue has increased.

It seems to me that the Transatlantic business has picked up. Not only are the fares somewhat higher for many crossings, many categories are selling out well in advance. We normally take a crossing in May or early June. For the first time I booked a QM2 crossing whilst on board a Norway cruise on the QE last June. I'm glad I did because within a few weeks the P2s were sold and a few weeks later even the P1s were gone. I waited a few months before deciding to return to Halifax on the QM2 as opposed to our usual routine of flying home. The Grills were sold out at the time we booked about seven months in advance (just as well, as two PG crossings are not in our budget:() and even our obstructed-view balcony category sold out shortly after we booked. There are, however, some fairly cheap fares for late autumn crossings.

Edited by david,Mississauga
typo