New to Oceania

love_the_sea

I have never sailed Oceania, but I am considering a cruise on Riviera this summer. I can't find on Oceania's website (and can't seem to do a Forum search here any more) what is and isn't included in the fare. I know gratuities aren't included, but how much are they? Is there a charge for the specialty restaurants? Are other charges just like on mainstream lines, i.e. do you pay for all drinks except tap water? Thanks for helping.

All restaurants except La Reserve & Privee are included

All non alcoholic drinks are included yes that means sodas

No charge for the Specilaties

No formal nights

Some itineraries offer Pre paid gratuities ..some TA's also offer them ..shop around

What is your gratuity policy?

For sailings prior to the 2013-14 Winter season:

How much you choose to tip is a personal matter and completely at your discretion. For your convenience the following gratuities are automatically added to your shipboard account. For guests occupying staterooms, gratuities of $14.50 per guest, per day will be added. For guests occupying Penthouse, Oceania, Vista or Owner's Suites where Butler Service is provided, gratuities of $20.50 per guest, per day will be added. In addition, an 18% service gratuity is automatically added to all beverage purchases, spa services and dinner at La Reserve. Naturally, guests may adjust gratuities while onboard the vessel at their sole discretion.

For sailings beginning with the 2013-14 Winter season:

How much you choose to tip is a personal matter and completely at your discretion. For your convenience the following gratuities are automatically added to your shipboard account. For guests occupying staterooms, gratuities of $15.00 per guest, per day will be added. For guests occupying Penthouse, Oceania, Vista or Owner's Suites where Butler Service is provided, gratuities of $22.00 per guest, per day will be added. In addition, an 18% service gratuity is automatically added to all beverage purchases, spa services and dinner at La Reserve. Naturally, guests may adjust gratuities while onboard the vessel at their sole discretion.

View All FAQs

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/guestservices/default.aspx

Edited by LHT28

I have never sailed Oceania, but I am considering a cruise on Riviera this summer. I can't find on Oceania's website (and can't seem to do a Forum search here any more) what is and isn't included in the fare. I know gratuities aren't included, but how much are they? Is there a charge for the specialty restaurants? Are other charges just like on mainstream lines, i.e. do you pay for all drinks except tap water? Thanks for helping.

No charge for specialty restaurants, no charge for any non-alcoholic drinks including smoothies, virgin cocktails, specialty coffees at Baristas, etc. Oceania will sometimes run specials where they will include gratuities. If they do not, many TA's will include them as a perk. I see you have been cruising with HAL. IMO you're going to love Oceania.

I looked for the FAQ's and couldn't find them so thanks for the link. I am working with a TA, but he is on a trip right now. One cruise has included gratuities the other didn't and just wanted a good price comparison.

Nice to know about the other included items....not a big deal but again just a point of comparison between the cruises....the one that offers gratuities also has an OBC.

Thanks again. I love having such a great resource in Cruise Critic. :)

You will have a mini fridge in your stateroom. Make your preferences known and it will be stocked with your favorite sodas/mixers. There will still be a charge for the alcohol. Daily afternoon tea is also included. There will be a string quartet. So civilized.

I looked for the FAQ's and couldn't find them so thanks for the link. I am working with a TA, but he is on a trip right now. One cruise has included gratuities the other didn't and just wanted a good price comparison.

Nice to know about the other included items....not a big deal but again just a point of comparison between the cruises....the one that offers gratuities also has an OBC.

Thanks again. I love having such a great resource in Cruise Critic. :)

Do your self a favor....shop around even to other states to find an agency and agent who do serious quality with Oceana. For Example my agent/agency is 2000 miles away. Offers excellent service 24/7. On board credits, discounts and even rebates that can cut 10% off the lowest advertised price.

You raised a red flag, when you said I will contact him when he gets back into town.... What would you have done if there was a special offer while he was gone? You want depth of resource. Don't do business with friends or relatives...

By shopping around for the same cruise with several agents you can ask, What can you do for me, What extras do you offer, What experience on and with this line do you have and book regular, What do you offer in the form of rebate to me ? Trust me, you can save thousands, all while getting super service. Do not take anything for granted...shop it

Edited by Hawaiidan