Getaway Posh Area

cheapboxer

Does the Getaway have a Haven Posh area similar to the one on the Epic?

Not that I mind children but it is nice to be able to get away from them in the Posh area for a while. We must travel on the school vacation weeks.

The Getaway has a separate Haven area with pool, restaurant, etc. available to suite guests only. It also has an adults only pay area called Vibe Beach Club for which passes can be purchased by anyone on the ship. Haven guests do not have access to Vibe unless they buy passes like anyone else on the ship.

If you're staying in the Haven is there really a benefit to getting Vibe passes? What makes Vibe great or better than just hanging out at the Haven? And separately I know there's a sauna in the Haven, is there a steam room? Thank you.

We have always traveled NCL and stayed in the most expensive suites. The haven pool area is always populated with family's with children enjoying there vacation. We like the idea that NCL appears to recognize that some Haven customers like the ability to be isolated from kids. (Epic Posh Area)

What I do not like is now NCL is charging me extra on the Getaway for the Vibe beach Club on top of the already escalated Haven costs to be able to relax without kids.

It should be an automatic perk for the Haven guests.

We have always traveled NCL and stayed in the most expensive suites. The haven pool area is always populated with family's with children enjoying there vacation. We like the idea that NCL appears to recognize that some Haven customers like the ability to be isolated from kids. (Epic Posh Area)

What I do not like is now NCL is charging me extra on the Getaway for the Vibe beach Club on top of the already escalated Haven costs to be able to relax without kids.

I will be purchasing the Vibe Beach Club and Spa passes. I agree it should be included in the price for the Haven Suite....I was actually told by my cruise consultant that Vibe was included (when I initially booked over a year ago). I now know we have to pay extra.

If all the Haven guests received a Vibe pass, there would be none left for any other cruisers. The Haven already gives you many 'perks' that you have in fact paid for.

Apparently you won't be happy until us non suite people are kept below deck during the cruise.

Like Breakaway, the Getaway Haven has an extensive private sundeck on the deck above the pool and adjacent to Vibe. There were very few people who used it (most I saw was 4) on the Breakaway. I can't imagine kids would want to hang out up there. It was very quite and the Courtyard Valet will bring you food/beverages.

If all the Haven guests received a Vibe pass, there would be none left for any other cruisers. The Haven already gives you many 'perks' that you have in fact paid for.

Apparently you won't be happy until us non suite people are kept below deck during the cruise.

Not at all.....I think your missing the point.

All Haven quests have this perk on other ships already.(Epic) Posh passes are available to be purchased for non-haven guests. I have been in the Posh area on full ships and the Posh area has never been any where near full. Many Haven quests never use the posh area.

With the Getaway they could still give the Haven perk and sell passes.

All Haven quests have this perk on other ships already.(Epic)

They get it on one ship. They don't get it on the other 6 that have a Haven.

Personally, I don't see why this should be included in the Haven. There are areas of the all ships, such as the Spa, which Haven guests have to pay extra for if they want it. The fact that you get access to an over 18s area on the Epic is a bonus, but I fail to see why that one example means that they should be handed access on other ships for nothing.

You pay a lot for access to the Haven, but you also get a lot. Not everything is included, nor has it ever been suggested that it should be.

Not at all.....I think your missing the point.

All Haven quests have this perk on other ships already.(Epic) Posh passes are available to be purchased for non-haven guests. I have been in the Posh area on full ships and the Posh area has never been any where near full. Many Haven quests never use the posh area.

With the Getaway they could still give the Haven perk and sell passes.

That is a mistake with the Epic. Way too many people in Posh. They got it right on Getaway. You want it, you pay for it - just like everyone else.

It really depends on when you sail. Our first cruise on Epic was during President's week, Posh was packed with chair hoggers. This past January we were on the Epic right after New Year and Posh was empty. Some days we literally had the place to ourselves!!! Best money I ever spent. BTW, I found out that on Epic they only sell 24 Posh passes. We got the last 2!

They get it on one ship. They don't get it on the other 6 that have a Haven.

Personally, I don't see why this should be included in the Haven. There are areas of the all ships, such as the Spa, which Haven guests have to pay extra for if they want it. The fact that you get access to an over 18s area on the Epic is a bonus, but I fail to see why that one example means that they should be handed access on other ships for nothing.

You pay a lot for access to the Haven, but you also get a lot. Not everything is included, nor has it ever been suggested that it should be.

What 6 ships????

I have been on the Jewel and Pearl and they had a Haven lounge not a complete Haven area like the Epic, Getaway, and Breakaway.

You can purchase a Haven room with SPA included.

Your not getting it for nothing. You are paying more on the Getaway and getting less.

What 6 ships????

I have been on the Jewel and Pearl and they had a Haven lounge not a complete Haven area like the Epic, Getaway, and Breakaway.

You can purchase a Haven room with SPA included.

Your not getting it for nothing. You are paying more on the Getaway and getting less.

Not sure where you were looking on the Jewel and Pearl, but I don't think the Haven I saw there was a mirage.

Yes, you can purchase Haven rooms with Spa included. The Spa access doesn't come with the Haven though. You have to get a specific suite or pay for access separately. There are also non Haven Spa mini suites, so the access is nothing to do with the Haven.

The six ships other than the Epic with Havens are the Jewel, Gem, Pearl, Jade, Breakaway and Getaway. None of them offer a over 18s area for Haven guests. They all have Havens though, I can assure you.

Edited by KeithJenner

Not sure where you were looking on the Jewel and Pearl, but I don't think the Haven I saw there was a mirage.

Yes, you can purchase Haven rooms with Spa included. The Spa access doesn't come with the Haven though. You have to get a specific suite or pay for access separately. There are also non Haven Spa mini suites, so the access is nothing to do with the Haven.

The six ships other than the Epic with Havens are the Jewel, Gem, Pearl, Jade, Breakaway and Getaway. None of them offer a over 18s area for Haven guests. They all have Havens though, I can assure you.

By complete Haven area I am talking about a complete Posh or Vibe area. Jewel and Pearl have pool area and lounge.

Every room code in the Haven area has different perks. Haven Spa suites do have access to the spa. Just pick your room.

As I stated you are paying more for less.

A Haven is a Haven. You said earlier that all Haven guests get this perk on other ships already, and I pointed out that it was just one ship, and they don't get it on the other 6 ships with Havens. You can decide that there is such thing as a "complete Haven" if you want, but it doesn't make what I said any less correct.

You are totally missing the point about the Spa. You do not get access to the Spa because you are in the Haven, you get it if you book a Spa room (Haven or not). There are areas of the ship which are not complementary for Haven guests, and Vibe and the Spa are examples of that.

There is no reason in particular why this should be given to Haven guests for nothing. You get extras for staying there, but you don't get everything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Getaway has the Spice H20 area which is adults only until 8pm and no extra charge. There is a bar there and the Uptown Grill (or whatever it's called on the Gway) is not too far away if you want a snack. There are loungers and comfy chairs. I spent several hours there reading one sea day. :D

Jen

• 2 weeks later...
The entire cruise ship should be a kid-free zone unless it's Disney or Carnival - and then who cares.

But then that's just my 2c :)

HA! That's funny... Its also why I pump my kids full of sugar and encourage them to cut loose on THEIR vacation... Cruise ships are big floating playgrounds. Nothing makes me happier than seeing people who are annoyed by even the existence of children getting to "enjoy" the sight of all the children, around them, having such a good time...

:D But then that's just my 2 cents....

I agree. There are too many haven suites to ensure the 70 person max in Vibe.

Ironic that people post about staying in the most expensive suites are complaining about $160 for vibe passes.

I wish I could afford the Haven but I wouldn't expect any more than what comes with a Haven room if I could

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by JenLovesToTravel